Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was always curious about the fact that in the AG Catalog at the bottom of the page detailing a description of Kit's glassware and linens is the phrase, "The 'Lady Hamiton' flatware pattern is reproduced with permission of Oneida, LTD."

So today, I did some research and it is interesting to read about how the Oneida Company got it's start. It looks like the pattern "Lady Hamilton" was introduced in 1932.

If you go to http://www.silverseason.com/OneidaComm.htm it gives an account of the history of the company.

Edited the link

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 12, 2006 06:12 PM: Message edited by: alliesunshine ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The link is not working for me. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Interesting article alliesunshine - thanks for posting it.

Judi, delete the comma at the end of the url -
    then it will work.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am fascinated with this flatware, because it was my mother's wedding "silver" pattern and we used it every day when I was a child. My mother is gone now, but my sister still has the set! I have four of Kit's place settings, and the server from her birthday treats, and every time I see them they remind me of happy childhood days. I do not remember mom's silver being so shiny and new looking (maybe constant daily use by a family of 6 had something to do with that!) I know that now (50 years later) most of the plating has worn off, but the lovely design is still there. Kit will always be my favorite doll, if for no other reason than her flatware! Lin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by TrvlLin:
    I am fascinated with this flatware, because it was my mother's wedding "silver" pattern and we used it every day when I was a child. My mother is gone now, but my sister still has the set! I have four of Kit's place settings, and the server from her birthday treats, and every time I see them they remind me of happy childhood days. I do not remember mom's silver being so shiny and new looking (maybe constant daily use by a family of 6 had something to do with that!) I know that now (50 years later) most of the plating has worn off, but the lovely design is still there. Kit will always be my favorite doll, if for no other reason than her flatware! Lin
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you so much for sharing about your mother. What a sweet connection.