Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks I just ordred a wig from Moniques so now I can' wait till it gets here. I was able to get the wig off. She had smelled of smoke and I noticed once teh wig was off she started to smell better

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will gorilla glue work? lol, it's probably the best thing I have.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I bought a doll hair glue at Michael's. It only cost a few bucks, but I can't remember the brand. The bottle is white. For only a few bucks, I'd highly recommend getting a glue that is made for this specific thing.

We've had that gorilla glue before, we bought it to fix a porcelain Bambi figurine I bought at Disneyland (which I managed to keep intact over hours at the park, but promptly broke almost as soon as we got home [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img] ). The Gorilla Glue did not work at all to fix it. Not sure if we were doing it wrong, or what.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

https://secure.wavi.com/monique/cgi-...&preadd=action

This is the Wig I ordered - I got it in Carrot - It was the only one I could find w/out bangs which would have been historically correct - Tomorrow I will run out and get paint for her Freckles - I am assuming acrylic will do

MissCurlyCat

[quote]Originally posted by cami713:
    The Gorilla Glue did not work at all to fix it. Not sure if we were doing it wrong, or what.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you need to put a damp towel over things like that or at lest make it wet, although I?m not quite sure. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok Now I am very excited as I have ordered her wig, removed teh old one and basically pulled her to bits. She smelled of smoke so I decided that I might as well pull out her stuffing and make a go for it for really giving her the re-make.

Anyway looks like she might have been re-strung once already as there were washers on her legs adnd the little half balls were just floating around in there.

My little 2 year old saw the doll with/out her head and you should have seen her EYES. she backed carefully away - Hope I haven't scarred her for life

MissCurlyCat

Originally posted by FelinaDoon:
    Ok Now I am very excited as I have ordered her wig, removed teh old one and basically pulled her to bits. She smelled of smoke so I decided that I might as well pull out her stuffing and make a go for it for really giving her the re-make.

Anyway looks like she might have been re-strung once already as there were washers on her legs adnd the little half balls were just floating around in there.

My little 2 year old saw the doll with/out her head and you should have seen her EYES. she backed carefully away - Hope I haven't scarred her for life
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yikes! You're brave. I hope everything works out.
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, I can't wait to see her. I just love rewigging. We now have 2 OOAK girls. Marlo was a Samantha, and Izzy is a Josefina head on a Springfield body. Then Dorothy who was originally a Molly finally got a new wig and looks like new again. Please let us know how you like the quality of the wig. Post pics if you can [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] .

MissCurlyCat
    I hope you don?t mind if I ask but, what does OOAK stand for?

I'm reallybad with abbreviations. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One of a kind

Not to worry toook me a long time to figure it out too

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

FelinaDoon-

I don't remember who posted this before (was it Cami?), but here is the site with instructions on freckling in case you need it:

How to Freckle

The poster mentioned that they used these two colors of paint for their red-haired doll: 941 Acorn Brown and 959 English Mustard.

I can't wait to see the results! I'm looking forward to making my own Anne-girl someday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast