Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know this was discussed before but I can't seem to find it searching. How do you give your doll freckles. What paint do you use, what colors, will it be permanent is it hard to do. I would really like something permanent if possible. After finally relizing I can make our Lindsey using our Ana GT#3 she already needs a new wig that will save us $. I just need to get the wig and do the freckles.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's funny that you asked. I just did my first freckling today. I've had a Molly w/a haircut stashed away from some time now. I've had the wig even longer. Just never got around to doing what I wanted to do. Tomorrow I'll make an outfit and hopefully get pictures up before bedtime.

Anyway... I started by reading this site. How To Freckle

I used two colors of tan, both pretty light. I used regular old acrylic, Folk Art from Walmart, 87 cents. One color is Teddy Bear Tan, which is slightly yellow, and _____ Honeycomb (sorry can't remember-- I'll look for you), which is a darker tan. These colors made nice, light freckles. I also used varying amounts of water to dilute the paint. Remember that real freckles aren't uniform in size, shape, shade or pattern. Use a very small brush and dab lightly. I used 0/5 and 0/10 sizes. Put a tiny amount of paint on the brush, dip in water if you want to dilute and then run the brush over the pallet several times (dragging the brush back through the paint on the pallet) to redistribute the paint. This keeps a minimal amount of paint on the brush and will give you more realistic freckles and not just a bunch of perfectly round polka dots.

I would not use a toothpick, as is recommended often. It won't give you the same affect; I think it's worth it to pick up some inexpensive ($1) brushes.

Keep some qtips and a bottle of rubbing alcohol handy. If you don't like a freckle, just dab with an alocohol qtip and swab the area with a dry qtip.

You should be able to remove the freckles with alcohol for the first 12 hours or so. Eventually, it will take a lot of elbow grease and a lot of alcohol to get them off, if you can do it at all. If your inital reaction is that they are too dark, let them sit for 30 minutes or so and walk away. When you come back, they'll look better. I thought mine were okay, not too dark, but when I came back, I decided I wanted more freckles.

Hope this helps! Freckles rock!
    Heather

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Heather, next time I'm at Walmarts I'm getting my freckle supplies. Now I just have to get our Lindsey wig. I can't wait to try this.