Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I have been thinking about getting two Jess dolls. One for my LE display and another to be my mini-mom doll. I have the one that represents my mom and she dresses in historical clothes. Do any of you have more than one of the same doll?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah! [img]redface.gif[/img] I have 4 Felicity's..... one is my signed one that never comes out of her box, one is a re-wigged premattel ( one in sig picture).. one is a 1991 mint condition and the other is 1991 that loves to dress up! HEHE!
    I however only have 1 of the other dolls... and have been thinking of slimming my collection a tad...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I have two retired GT 19's, one PM and one Mattel, both of whom I won within days of each other. I had planned on selling the Mattel one, but she had already told me her name (Celeste!) and I couldn't bear to part with her.

I also have twin GT 26's - one of whom hijacked a #24 box at the factory so she could come to my house with her sister; so I absolutely couldn't separate them by sending one back.

I also have two Felicitys, in addition to my daughter's one. I am such a softie where Felicity is concerned, and when I saw the 2nd one on eBay, she just called my name and told me she had to come to my house. When she arrived, she let me know in no uncertain terms that she wanted to be a modern girl named Felina!

I just recently ended up with another Addy (this one is PM, my first one is Mattel), whom I was thinking was an original GT 18 without bangs; and I'm fairly certain I will be keeping her in the family as well.

I'm pretty sure that is all of my duplicates! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Edited to add that I forgot that I have a second Mattel Kirsten whom I rewigged with a short brown bob to be Ginny, my Mom as a girl in the Depression. I also have two damaged WB Kirstens currently in "triage" who have not officially joined my dolly family yet.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a few duplicates... They are all very different girls.

You just can not go wrong with Jess. I have a Jess that is Jess, and a Jess that is Ruthie (at least for now). They may be the "same" but really, they are so different. Each one is so unique and special. I do not think you would be dissapointed if you bought another Jess.

T. Lynn

We have 2 Marisol twins now knows as Abigail & Alyssa.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's nothing wrong with 2 of the same doll. I have a Kirsten but also want a #3. Blonde with bangs is my favorite hair type.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have two Marisol dolls. They are twins and their names are Marisol and Solana.

I used to have two Samantha dolls, but they were both Samantha to me so I gave one to my niece.

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have 3 Samantha's but let me explain.

Samantha- She was my first doll

Sammie Louisa (aka Sammie)- is my Mackinac Island doll in which she has a themed shelf.

Anna (from SamANNAtha) she might be getting a new name- Is a west german doll that I got free from a friend and just finished fixing her up today. I liked her hair strait with the ends curled under so after her dunk I didn't set her hair in curlers.

They are all very different and I just couldn't part with any of them. The first few are premattel.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have twin 25s and twin 17s. All girls have their own personality and I love them all!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I used to have a limit of three and always changed something to make each one unique. I fell off the wagon in a serious way over Jess and have five Jesses. Only Iris looks the way she came. I haven't rewigged any of them but I repainted their faces and did different hair styles. The first two are twins, the rest are just cousins, and they all have different personalities. Because the year of Jess reawakened my interest in Japanese things (never far below the surface), I also recently adopted two more AGT4s and have five of them, too. Akiyo is rewigged and repainted to be totally one of a kind. My hairdresser cut Tsuki's hair when she arrived in 1997 so it's not quite to the shoulder and she has Vulcan eyebrows. Midori is more grown up and has a lot of bright makeup, while Keiko has none. Kasumi is brand new from AG and I love her looks, so won't fool around with her.

Bottom line, if you fall in love with one particular combination of face mold, coloring and hair, why not have more than one? Plus the face molds change all the time, as has been noted before here, so buying a Jess in January and buying one now is almost like getting two different dolls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast