Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

I just had a random thought about how HB could celebrate AG's 20th anniversary. I was looking through old photo albums and came across a picture of me at Christmas when I first got Molly. I'm holding her and standing with my Grandma, and I have the biggest grin on my face. I thought it would be neat to get together a photo album of as many members' photos of when they first received their first doll. I know I'll never forget that Christmas and opening up that big burgundy box to see Molly inside. I thought it might be cool to see when and where people got their first AGs.

I figured we could make an imagestation album out of it, that way it'd be more private than just putting it in our sigs, especially for people on this board who ARE kids (that isn't the best idea to advertise what you look like if you're a kid on a message board, IMO). I'm not saying that it'd be an issue on this board, but there are lurkers we don't know about. Plus, I could privately PM people the link instead of posting it here if people thought it was safer. You could submit any pic you wanted of when you got your first doll or your first memory of AG. Also, if it makes you uncomfortable, you can just submit a pic of your doll when you first got her, too. I would be willing to put together an album if people liked the idea. Everyone could email me a pic and a caption (eg: description) of how you got your doll. It might be a cute memory book of our longstanding love of American Girl dolls and books. It doesn't seem like AG is making a HUGE deal out of the anniversary, but it might be neat for us doll lovers to remember how we first got into American Girl. Does anyone think it's a good idea? I am very open to other suggestions, etc. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

I love that idea! The only thing is I don't think I have any pictures with Felicity when I first got her. I don't think I took pictures of her until this past December and I've had her 8 years.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's okay. If you don't have any pics of when you first got her, take a pic of your first doll and you now, and you can use the caption to describe how and when you first got her. I know I didn't take NEARLY as many pics of Molly back then as I do now!!

horselvr2

Okay, I'm kinda young, so...yeah, can I still do it? If I can I'll try to find a pic. of me and my first doll...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely! If you are younger, check with your parents first and make sure it's okay. If you feel more comfortable, you can just submit a pic of your first doll from whenever and tell us how and when you got her, and why she's special. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds great! I don't think I have any first pictures of Molly when I got her (though I do have others), but I have some of when I got my Sarah (ONB).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sure! Bittys or ONB's are totally fine. Just do whatever doll is most significant. Everyone should be able to email me (click on the icon next to the PM button) their pics, or I think you might be able to PM me them too. I think email may be easier though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, I wonder how I'd be able to do a photo of me and my very first AG book from when I was eleven? I bought it at the school book fair...I don't even remember which one it was! I had Molly's Birthday and Samantha's Birthday, probably, and then my sister and I got the Molly box set the Christmas after I got those books, and I don't remember which was first! Also, I'm pretty sure that Meet Kirsten was one of the first - but did I get it before or after Sam and Molly's birthday books???

And if only I had a book fair photo... I looked so dorky in my 1994/1995 Catholic school uniform! That's from back when I never brushed my hair, you see, and I always wore weird ponytails.

I'll have to take a photo of me and Emily and Beatrice with my Meet Kirsten (that's probably the first of my set...I've got them all now!) to turn in, since they're my first American Girl dolls!

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

*AG Star*

I love this idea! I have a really great picture of me when I first got Felicity. The look of surprise on my face upon seeing the AG logo is hilarious.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a nice idea! I don't have a picture of me with Marisol when I got her in December but I could come up with some other cute idea, if given time to plan a bit.

Maybe could we have a bit of planning time, kind of like Miss Hostboard or the Vacation Album Event to put some ideas together to make a nice contribution?

Thanks, Katie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast