Thread: To Cut the Hair of Josefina or Not?

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi!

One of my best friend's DD has a Josefina bought about a year ago for a Christmas gift. But her DD doesn't play with Josie hardly ever and it is because Josie has "almost too much hair" in DD's opinion. My friend's DD has mentioned wanting to cut Josie's hair to make it more manageable.

First, has anyone ever cut Josie's hair before?

Second, any tips of giving a proper doll haircut?

Third, is it foolish to even contemplate cutting Josie's hair? They are not doll collectors and would probably not care about a decrease in value of the doll if the hair is cut.

Thanks for any advice!

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I say cut away- but don't do it yourself, atleast not with normal scissors. Either do it yourself with beauticians scissors, or better yet, get someone who knows what they're doing (a professional stylist) to cut it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ha, I cut my josefina's hair and it turned out REALLY cute!
    Look in my imagestations under "from frizz to flat...and short" and you can see what she looks like!

(and I think you should go for it.)

Nik [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 01, 2006 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Nichole JJ ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nik, your Josephina is super cute with her haircut!!!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bought Josefina from another HB member...she arrived at my house with shorter, uneven hair. I trimmed it more to make it even (think Kit's length here) and gave her some bangs. I have to do a little more work so I can get her bangs to stay down - but I will get to that soon. She is sooo cute with short hair. (Her name is Magda Pilar - and she's from Spain.) I will post some pictures as soon as she is "finished" - PM me, though, if you are interested in seeing her hair before she's done.

I say go for it! I was definitely a little nervous (especially with cutting the bangs). Afterall, there's no going back once you start...and a bad cut won't grow out. I cut slowly - I mean little bits over a few days until I got it just right.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DD has a Josefina that we rewigged with a short bob. Her name is Izzy (Isabel) and she is adorable. If you are worried about cutting it you could remove the wig, save it, then rewig her in case she wants to grow her hair back long someday [img]wink.gif[/img] .

IMG 0981

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Robin, your Izzy is absolutely adorable! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nik and Vew-Tori,

Both of your Josie's look great with the shorter hair.

Nik, I really appreciated seeing the before pictures of Josie in your album. I've got a feeling this is what my friend's DD's doll probably looks like. You did a really nice job of getting her hair so evenly cut accross the back too. Was it hard to do and how long did it take you to actually cut it? Also, did you cut the hair while it was wet, damp or dry?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but all the details I get will really help. I think I'm glad I'm not going to be holding the scissors!

Katie