Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone can make a mistake. You said

The first was a message from the seller stating she was sorry, she didn't realise it was missing pieces and in bad shape, and that she had refunded my payment. The next email was from paypal with areceipt for a refund of the total amount I paid including the shipping. But since I didn't want to send it back, I emailed the seller again, and asked her what she wanted me to do with the bike, because I still wanted the item, and I was only asking for a partial refund since it was significantly not as described. This morning I got her response, and she told me "that's okay, you can keep it." That was the entire message. Now what do I do, just keep it? What kind of FB should I leave? I don't want to leave negative, but should I leave neutral? Or positive?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">She waited patiently for you to pay. She apologized for the mistake. She refunded ALL your money (including shipping). She told you to keep the item. Umm... what more could you want? You just got a retired item for FREE.

I think you should leave a positive mentioning she cheerfully refunded your money.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Leave a positive. It sounds like a series of honest mistakes, and she gave you a full refund. I can't imagine leaving a neutral, even with the lack of communication. It sounds like she has done her best to make the situation right. I am glad she gave you a refund, and I am sorry for your disappointment. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you need to leave positive feedback for the seller. You got the bike and your money back. A lot of sellers (me included) don't like to wait on money, because I usually don't receive it. She waited on your payment, left you positive fb and gave you a refund. Talk about good customer service!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, I had already decided to leave a positive, but I just wanted to get some opinions first. She really did do more than was necessary to make the situation right. I mostly wanted to make sure that other people had the same feelings as I did. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

~Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi: I would leave her a positive and state that she was fair and good at handling problems. That will make other people understand that if there are problems - that she is willing to work with them and be fair.

I looked at the ad and it was confusing because it did say that it was in excellent condition, but it also stated that it was "used".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

About 5-6 years ago I bought a Gymboree raincoat in "like new" condition off ebay. I was so surprised when it showed up with pen marks everywhere. Much to my surprise the seller refunded all my money and told me to do whatever I wished with the coat and apologized. I'll never forget it and learned exactly what I would do should that ever happen to me. I'm glad your going to leave her positive because there really is nothing more she could have done. Good Luck finding another bike!

Kristin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12