Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I got a pretty good deal on eBay for Molly's bike, which was described as "never played with, excellent condition." Here's the auction link. It was a good deal, and after I used the BIN I asked the seller if it still had the Mirror and Horn. The seller said it didn't, but I was okay with that since it was a good deal. Afterwards though, I had to sell something to make the money to send to the seller. In the process of that, my grandfather passed away, to which they were very understanding. When I was finally ready to send the payment I sent her a request for an invoice. What she sent me had shipping charges that were not the same as the calculator on the auction listing. The lowest shipping was UPS, and it was $2.30 higher than the same UPS shipping in the auction listing according to the shipping calculator. So, I let her know, and asked if she wanted to fix it, or just have me adjust the payment amount. She said she'd look in to why it was different, but never got back to me. So, I didn't want to wait forever, so I just sent the payment adjusted and let her know, which she never had a problem with, because she left me positive FB. Well, I had been patiently waiting for the brown truck to come, and since it hadn't I sent her an email. I had gotten a notification from Paypal that she printed a shipping label for it but it was listed as Parcel Post, not UPS ground. I asked her when it shipped, and also which method since I had paid for UPS. I asked her this last Thursday, and all she wrote back was "I shipped it on Tuesday." So I waited. Today it arrived: in the mail. [img]mad.gif[/img] I was still happy to get it though, until I opened the box. It is NOT under any circumstances in excellent condition. I wouldn't even call it good condition. It's fair at best. The handle bars are loose and stip when you turn them going out of line with the wheel (might just need tightening), the basket is all bent, there are several big chips in the paint, the back rack is bent too, and the chain guard is completely missing! Uggh! I am so upset! The picture in the listing is very small, but you can clearly see the chain guard. I think this seller used another seller's photo. But now, I don't know what to do. She was really accomodating when I couldn't pay right away, but now after shipping it the wrong method, and the item being seriously not as described, I'm not sure if I should try and get a partial refund or not. I still sort of want it. And I definitely don't want to hassle with shipping it back. Any advice??? please??? [img]redface.gif[/img]

~Dee

*~*~*~*~* UPDATE *~*~*~*~*

So I got home last night and I had two wmails. The first was a message from the seller stating she was sorry, she didn't realise it was missing pieces and in bad shape, and that she had refunded my payment. The next email was from paypal with areceipt for a refund of the total amount I paid including the shipping. But since I didn't want to send it back, I emailed the seller again, and asked her what she wanted me to do with the bike, because I still wanted the item, and I was only asking for a partial refund since it was significantly not as described. This morning I got her response, and she told me "that's okay, you can keep it." That was the entire message. Now what do I do, just keep it? What kind of FB should I leave? I don't want to leave negative, but should I leave neutral? Or positive? This is a new situation for me.

~Dee

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 14, 2006 03:05 PM: Message edited by: DaisyDee ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would definitely email the seller and explain all the problems. The auction states....Never played with, excellent condition. What you're describing certainly isn't that.
    The chain guard is definitely in the picture.
    ( I keep a magnifying glass by my computer, just for times like this, and it clearly shows the chain guard.)
    You have a good case for "item significantly not as described".

emsmombuysdolls

It is clear that you definately have to email to seller. See if she will give you a partial refund. She has already left you ++FB so if you have to leave neutral (depending on the outcome) or negative FB you don't have to worry about retalitory FB. If she doesn't want to give you part of your money back the only option is to return it. I am sure that is what ebay would reccomend if they were to get involved. Sorry you got a raw deal. I rarely ebay anymore. I must rather buy from HB.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can file a claim with Paypal that is only between you and the seller and if she doesn't agree to anything, then you can up the claim and let Paypal handle it, But you do have a time limit, then you are out of luck, so I would check and see how much time you have left to file, and I would at least do it though Paypal and they give you like 30 days to agree with the seller on how to handle it, before You have to get them involved.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As many of you know...I am a PowerSeller on Ebay...And as a buyer, I would defiantly file a claim with PayPal on this one.

I would state that the item was not as described. Just because she was nice and accommodating when you could not pay, does not mean she can take advantage of that. I myself have listed a couple of items that I was unaware that had problems and have had to refund the money back. (Which is why I try not to sell used items anymore) I believe you need to stick by your mistakes and this one is Cleary a mistake on the seller?s part.

File a claim with PayPal...I am not sure I would email anymore to the seller. This is where feelings can get hurt and it can go wrong. You might just need a third party to step in.

Let us know how it goes...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you file a claim with paypal though, I have always had to send the item back to get any kind of refund. I hate having to go through that hassle.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you file a claim with paypal though, I have always had to send the item back to get any kind of refund. I hate having to go through that hassle.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That has been my experience too. Paypal will not give you a partial refund. If paypal finds in your favor then you have to return the item AND PAY for the shipping yourself. Kind of a bummer.

Hopefully though once you initiate comtact with the seller via paypal *She* will make it right.

((Dee)) It's such a pain when sellers are less than honest [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, I am emailing the seller. Here is what I wrote;

Hello, I received the American Girl Bicycle today, but I am very upset. Your auction stated the item as 'never played with, excellent condition.' The item is not in excellent condition, nor is it in good condition. It is in fair condition at best. The handlebars are loose, there are large chips in the paint, the basket is bent, the back rack is bent, the back tire sticks because it is full of animal hair, and the chain guard is totally missing. The picture you provided in the auction, though small, clearly shows the chain guard as being present. I am feeling very disappointed, because I based my purchase off of your photo and description, and I did not receive the item in the promised condition. Please let me know what you would like to do to make this situation right. Thank you, ~Dee

We'll see what she responds with.

~Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you file a claim with paypal though, I have always had to send the item back to get any kind of refund.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I filed a claim one time with someone for the Penny Horse and after review, I recieved half of my money back and never had to send the Horse back...It works sometimes. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just out of curiosity, was there an "x" scratched in the paint on the bottom where the pedals meet the frame? If so, the bike's from the MCM sale.

The bikes are adorable display pieces, but not much play value because of the defects Daisy_dee describes. The handlebars tend to come loose & if you tighten too much they get stripped then you're outaluck. Horn usually doesn't work. Sometimes there's paint chips & I suppose the chain guard could be slightly bent if bike's from the MCM sale.

Good luck with the seller; you did get a good price though, IMO, even with the defects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast