Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just dropping in to post a reminder . . .

Be sure to check over any dolls you buy for gifts very closely this holiday season--from American Girl or any other doll manufacturer. Our family ordered a doll for a gift, and didn't want to remove it from the box.

Thankfully the eyes hit the light just right and I thought, "Oh great . . . this doll has silver eye!" I removed it from the box to make sure, and found even another major fault with the product.

I hadn't even considered the possibility of silver eye, since this was a Lee Middleton doll, not an American Girl doll.

Be sure to check them over since some online stores have a short return guarantee (we had to report the flaw within a week). I was happy we caught this before some poor little girl opened it and got scared by her little baby doll!

Happy holidays to all!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I got my Emily her shoes had a problem. Being "patent leather" the clear coating on top was separating from the black.

Luckily AG has a wonderful policy and we received a whole new Emily.

I chose to keep my original Emily, just kept the shoes.

I agree, if you're giving the doll to a child - check it over, maybe even twice.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was just telling my mom this morning to be sure and check over the doll she is going to give me to be sure all is right. I know that once I unwrap that darling, I won't want to part with her or change her for another no matter what may be wrong with her, lol.

My mom has never checked over a doll before, what are some things I should tell her to look for that aren't necessarily common sense?

Felicity_Fan85

Well, I kind of help my mom doesn't open Nellie before Christmas (Nellie is for her) and I won't be home to check on Nellie until about December 15th.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had to ship Emily's Emily back and get a replacement. Her hairnet was wrapped around her neck. I had a bad feeling, after having to send Elizabeth back because of baldness. Sure enough, lifted Emily's hair on the right side in front, and 2 big ole bald spots.

That's the first thing I check now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Check the hair for bald spots or anything that might be wrong.

Check the body for marks.

Check the clothing, shoes, etc. to make sure it doesn't have loose ends, ripped seams, peeling shoes, make sure nothing is missing.

Check to see that all the pages of the book are cut properly.

Make sure the face paint is what you want or that the eyebrows are in the right spot.

If the doll is fine but the clothes aren't, AG will send out a complete new doll, but you can keep your original doll and pick each piece of clothing that you like. You just have to make sure that the doll you send back has one of everything (unless something was missing).

Hope you get your favorite doll, it was the best part of Christmas when I was young.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Even though I chose my Jess, she has a few noticable imperfections. I think her hair was glued on slightly crooked, but that really wasn't noticable when the braids were removed. Her eyebrows are also off centre and her stuffing is a little bit off in her body. Funnily enough, I love her too much to part with her and she is still one of my favourite dolls. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I think her imperfections give her personality.

Also, one of Abby's eyes gets stuck half way, but it really isn't a major problem as it only happens half the time and I also loved her too much to have asked for a replacement.

Nellie and Kirsten both came with no imperfections. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edited cause I spelled Nellie's name wrong... [img]redface.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 16, 2006 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Ellie R. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just went through 4 Kaya's until I received one that was decent enough! [img]frown.gif[/img] The first two's limbs where so loose I feared them coming off! Also, there hair was not done very well like ones I have seen. The third was scratched on the face in several places but limbs were tight. The fourth I am sorta settling on, the limbs are tight and no body marks anywhere but the braids are a little loose. I have decided to keep her. I was contemplating changing out heads with bodies and clothing if need be! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] I sure hope my Emily will arrive in better shape - but not counting on it! Good Luck everyone!!!!!!

Lea [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Nellie came with a "slow eye", but I refused to take her back since we made a connection. Now I kinda wish I would have though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for starting this post. It never even dawned on me to take Emily out of the box. Her eyes opened and she looke fine. But I took your suggestion and I think I'll be calling AG. Both her Left arm & Left Leg are really loose. As loose as my DD's AGOT Emma that she has had for nearly 3 years. That isn't at all like Nellie when I bought her last year. But I did pick out Nellie myself at the AGPC and I bought this one online.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast