Thread: Doll Display Ideas???

kykate

I am so excited! My parents just got a HUGE new bedroom suite with a king bed, two dressers, a nightstand, and a gigantic mirror so they decided to get rid of some of their old furniture. Along with that stuff was a very nice shelving thing with 4 glass doors, four shelves, and it was big enough to have each shelf made into a bedroom for my dolls! I have three dolls and I am about to get Emily so it would be great to have a bedroom for each of my dolls so they would not be lying on the ground.

I would like to know how you like to display your dolls. I would love to hear your ideas.
    I am so excited to be able to put my doll stuff on shelves so they can be displayed.
    Thank you.
    Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Right now my dolls are safely displayed in my sewing room away from the kids and guests. I had to take my coffee table out fo the living room since it was a safety hazard with the kids, so I moved it into my sewing room adn covered it with a 2 yard piece of seude. My dolls seem to like it since they went form being crowded on top of my armoire to having a little space to spread out. Once I get my sewing room completly finished and furninshed they will have their own set of shelves. I am thinking about setting up each shelf with a theme like a living area, bedroom, outdoor area, etc. My goal is to have a doll house like Maria has on her Just Magic Dolls website, but that is a long long time down the road.

ETA: You can see my dolls on the suede-covered coffee table in my siggy pic.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Gomunk ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lovemydollies, arn't you a lucky DD to get such a nice piece. You can make a scene for each doll on a different shelf. If you go to the top of HB you will find sticky notes and one is for web sites, look and see what other people have done.

Felicity_Fan85

Well...honestly right now I have no displays for my dolls. But I have logical reasons. My ceiling still has a leak (it's getting frustrating) and so almost half of my ceiling tiles are down. So right now my girls at home stay on my bed. I would love to make a house or at least some rooms for my dolls. I would someday love to physically make Star Valley-my doll town-sort of like Tinuviel_156's Pleasantville. My dolls would love houses and a school and stores, etc. That probably won't happen for a long time because I don't have a lot of space in my room and I doubt I could make anything in the living room-though it would be awesome if I could. And right now my girls at school also stay on my bed since I don't have space for a permanent scene for them.

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All my dolls and accessories are on display and you can see them in my signature. I would love to have incased displays but for the amount I would like, and size, it would cost way too much! Godd luck and post pictures when you have a chance. DeborahandGirls (sp?) has some great displays that are posted in her signature!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh what fun!

You could set up a whole room display for each doll-- use scrapbook paper (or wrapping paper) and double stick poster tape (the kind that comes off without damaging anything) to put up wallpaper (or make it look painted since you could use a solid color), you could make windows (again with scrapbook paper for the sky and window frames). You could use some glue to attach very light weight curtains cut out of fabric or lace. Scraps of carpet or fabric for carpet or rugs. Placemats make good rugs, too. Then arrange furniture (or make furniture using boxes, foam and fabric) for each doll's room. Would your parents let you put some little cup hooks on the shelf unit? If they will, you could hang some of the doll's outfits in their rooms to display them as well. Or run a clothes line and hang the outfits.

I hope you have a great time setting up your displays! Be sure to tell us what you do!