Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how do you organize your doll clothes??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I put the outfits into ziplock bags with a notecard telling the contents, then they all go into a doll box. So far all my outfits fit into two doll boxes, with hats setting on top of them. These boxes go into a cabinent, that has room for 4 boxes.

monimarine

Right now, all of our outfits are in their AG boxes inside one huge tupperware container in the closet. I definitely need to figure something else out!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We started with the Storage Caddies but that just isn't very neat and doesn't hold many things that don't hang. I've copied several peoples' ideas.

Ours system is not pretty, but it is effective. We're lucky in that we have a playroom that has plenty of space for doll storage because I like everything neat and spaced. The little girls are the best at cleaning up, but they have some trouble getting their BB outfits on the hangers.

Anything that can hang is hanging in a wire cube "complex," sorted by girl or owner for AGT.Then we have rolling carts and storage cubes with drawers for accessories, pants, shoes, and all of those BB toys.

WireCubesCarts

The sturdy boxes are great for storage. Like the AGT keyboard box has Coconut's accessories in it. The BB/BT books are in a BB box.

We only have 2 doll rooms for furniture, DDs would like to have more.

JosefinaRoom

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 06, 2006 10:39 AM: Message edited by: OSusannah ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Our system is to use the 1 gallon zip lock bags with sliding zipper, very easy to use. I take a catalog picture or I've used Meg's site for some of the retired items.

Then I print up labels for each outfit and everything that is supposed to be together. All of Felicity's labels are printed green, Molly's blue, etc. AGT are all purple. Then I used the packing tape to put on the picture, stick on the label and we're done. The only things that don't usually fit are Sam and Nellie's hats.

Since Diana isn't reading yet, she can look at the picture and see all the contents that "should" go back into each bag. Notice, I said "should". Oh well, she tries at least.

Then I have big rolly plastic carts and each girl gets her own drawer. BB and BT are just in drawers, I never made them the bags yet. All the BB animals are in a separate drawer and Coco and Licorice also have their own drawer.

then I have bookcases set up for the dolls themselves and some of their accessories. We also have all the books and the Hallmark bookends which you can see in my album of the dollroom.

Laurie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I have a trunk or chest for each of the historical dolls. For the AGOT I put small cafe curtain rods in a small linen closet and hang the outfits there. I made round tags to fit on the rods (like sizes in a dept store) and have the years the things were made. I hang the AGOT items by years. You could do the same thing with the historical but instead of year put the names of the characters. It works out great. I use a small ziplock attached with a rubberband to the hanger for the accessories. I fold up all the boxes and tissues paper and store them by character in a large carton in the basement.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use the same floal box as in the picture to store bitty twins stuff under their crib. I got it half off at michaels the other day. Now as for the rest of it, everything but the furniture and the dolls live in a large sterlite contains the dolls live on my desk and the furniture is stacked in the corner of my room on top of all my Star Trek Stuff in boxes.

Ashley

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We use those clear plastic containers. Each has a picture of the historical girl and her name (in her color) taped on the outside. We borrowed these cute portraits from Kurt's website. A separate box each for shoes, hats, food, accessories, and today stuff. We don't have much in the way of furniture or accessories - DH is not so understanding when he sees yet another charge from AG on the credit card. (Me-But honey, we really need it! DH-Doll stuff? Again?!)
    Just a word of caution using cardboard storage - make sure it is acid free. We want all our treasures to be preserved for our daughters and their daughters, too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bought a large rolling plastic container. You can find them at Target etc. and they roll under your bed. You can fit a lot of stuff in one.

I know someone here on the board has turned a small crawl space into an American Girl walk in closet. It is very cool. Does anyone remember who has this?

Stephanie

Felicity_Fan85

Right now I kept 2 small AG boxes and all the stuff is crammed into them. They are on the second shelf of my bookcase along with the books, L.M. Montgomery books, the Felicity dvds, Smamantha vhs and Anne of Green Gables vhs and mini Elizabeth, a toy horse (grand champions maybe?) and my Felicity ornament, small Macy's teddy bear, Coolata bear and Hard Rock Cafe shotglass are all on the shel too, to help keep the boxes shut.

For a college student, I am definitely not an organized person!

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 06, 2006 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Felicity_Fan85 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use a blue rolling cart that has 4 drawers,and I also have Kit's trunk and the retired flower armoire.In the rolling cart I have each outfit in a plastic bag.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast