Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: how do you organize your doll clothes??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have Samantha's clothes and some of her accessories in two of her steamer trunks. Some of her furniture and the rest of her accessories are in a display cabinet. Nelly has her own steamer trunk for her clothes.

Molly's clothes and some of accessories are in two of her white trunks. Molly also has a shelf for some of her furniture and accessories to be display on.

Kirsten's clothes and some of her accessories are in her blue trunk. (It holds a lot, but does not have any drawers to hold the small items.)

Josefina's clothes and some of her accessories are in her carved trunk. (Again no drawers.)

Kirsten and Josefina share a shelf in the display cabinet with their nightstands and some accessories.

Addy is waiting for her trunk, so right now her clothes are hanging in a extra Molly trunk I have for Molly's friend that is coming in September. Addy is the last historical doll I got so I have not gotten a chance to display her yet.

Felicity and Elizabeth I am not sure what to do with their clothes. Right now I have Felicity's clothes on the doll forms and Elizabeth's hanging with Addy's. Felicity and Elizabeth share a shelf with some of Felicity's furniture and accessories. I am wondering if the new clothes press could be made to hold clothes? If a rod could be added that the clothes could hang from.

But the big question is what to do with the AGOT outfits. I was thinking of making little clothing poles for them. Kind of like tie racks but they would fit the hangers. That could be screwed on to a wall. So I could hang 3 or 4 on a wall. Will be working on this next month. I still want to think about how to store the shoes and accessories that go with the outfits. I was thinking about the little boxes that fishermen use. How to hang pants, shorts still working on. Need clothes pins that would be small enough to look cute and large enough to work.

I also want to make the display rooms for the dolls.

Will post pictures when I get it figured out.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Skittl1321:
    I put the outfits into ziplock bags with a notecard telling the contents, then they all go into a doll box. So far all my outfits fit into two doll boxes, with hats setting on top of them. These boxes go into a cabinent, that has room for 4 boxes.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We do this, except all of the ziplock bags are stored in the bottom drawer of DD's armoire. Since there is ample space in the drawer, it's easy for her find what she wants/needs. When she's finished, she just puts everything in the coordinating bag and tosses them in the drawer.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A fairly big wooden armoire that my mom made holds all exclusive AG clothes except Samantha, Nellie's, and some of Molly's. Samantha and Nellie have a separate doll armoire in their "bedroom" for clothes, while Molly keeps a few of her pants and stuff in a doll sized bureau in her "bedroom." The ton of non-AG clothes get stored in a blue trunk...I guess it's the size of Josefina's or bigger...in organizd plastic bags. My Bitty clothes just fit in a suitcase. It's hard to believe that Molly's clothes used to just fit in that same suitcase!

Oh, yes, I do use the hangers in my big wooden armoire. They are VERY handy. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All my 18in dolls, as you saw in my pics are happily sitting on shelves mounted on the wall with their purse/bag and doll. As for the rest of the stuff...well now at least I was able to contain it all in one big plastic bin. I'm trying to sort it out a little, using some of the AG boxes to put things like shoes and hangers in.

The new box that the rolling suicase came in is heavier and studier than past boxes(and prettier with paisely pink and purple). The lid is a hinge lid attached to the box. So I started to pile the extra shoes in there. As I receive my other orders I want to do the same with hangers, mini dolls and other small items.

I hope to set up a doll corner in my next apartment, but while I'm still a poor, unemployed college student I'm living in this tiny studio so at least I have my dolls to keep me company even if I can't easily get to the rest of the stuff.

Click below to see a pic of my doll shelves:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...1742913&idx=18

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 07, 2006 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Katie from IL ]</font>

prasnlrd

GEESH! This thread would greet me after a few hours of laboring in my doll closet today! HA! I just finished reorganizing the closet and hanging up the Christmas clothes.
    <font size="6">WHAT A JOB!</font>
    I even pulled out all my Ag boxes; which I just cannot bring myself to part with. Smaller boxes were put inside bigger ones etc.The amount of AG boxes from my orders and new dollies in 2005 was outrageous!

Here is the link to my dollie closet from a few months ago. It is still basically the same, but MUCH more packed. Am I a "Goner"???.. You bet your sweet "patoody" I am!
    HEE-HAW!!

Prasnlrd's Doll Closet

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 07, 2006 12:27 AM: Message edited by: prasnlrd ]</font>

Junior Hostboard Member mackstolen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: how do you organize your doll clothes??

The whole stack right behind the door of the chamber dd and bins are not noticed when the door is opened. His room is quite small - it is also nice that out bins for dolls, she plays with and move easily from one room to the.
    [url=http://plastics2go.com.au]Industrial plastics[/url]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234