Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Question

Lissie is just about ready to go out traveling, but I'm afraid she's not packing light enough. She insists on wearing her original "Meet" dress so everyone knows how she's supposed to look. She has her nightgown, of course. She wanted to bring her summer gown, since it's still summer, and her school outfit, since it's almost time for school to start. But she just got her traveling gown as a going-away present, and she had also asked to bring her riding breeches and hat. Now, even with leaving her colder-weather clothes at home for now, that could be a few too much stuff, according to traveling doll guidelines.

She's not bringing more wintry things because I told her I'll send them to her later on and have her summer things sent home. But we can't decide which outfit she should leave behind for now! The school outfit would probably be the obvious choice, but it's my favorite outfit for her.

Any advice?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yep, I've read that, which is why I know to limit the outfits being sent, but I can't decide which outfits to leave behind for now. IMO, everything Lissie has is dressy!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I packed Gemma with her school uniform, a dress and pair of cotton flannel feetie jammies. Of course, she had underwear, shoes and socks. Those three outfits seemed appropriate for all circumstances.

I did enjoy seeing the albums the hosts made at each of Gemma's stops and it was cute to see the dolls switching clothes for the day.

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, your dolly's hosts will dress her in the clothes they have - often dolls I host wear only my girls' clothes the whole time they are here. [img]smile.gif[/img] So even just your Lissy's dress she is wearing and her nightgown will most likely be enough clothes. A good point was made about the more you send, the more expensive it becomes for your hosts who have to ship her from one place to another.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I packed a casual outfit, a dressy-ish outfit, and PJ's with Kit and Kat. I also packed a swimsuit for each because one of the hosts wanted to take them to the beach, and then there were the outfits they were wearing [img]wink.gif[/img] ... I guess they overpacked a bit, but I don't think it added anything to shipping, especially the swimsuits.

I would really love it if Lissie packed the school outfit - I've been wanting it for awhile and seeing it in person might convince me to actually go buy it [img]wink.gif[/img] . Then again, if any of your hosts live in the country, you could pack her riding breeches for outdoors activities.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I was thinking that packing the breeches without the hat wouldn't add too much to the shipping weight, and that I would leave out unnecessary and little things from the outfits to both cut down on weight and the possibility of things getting lost. So, no purse or extra hoops with her underwear or nightcap or slippers. Also, I think the Summer dress can be safely left behind, since summer's so close to over, and especially becuase it's so very white and I wouldn't want people to have to worry about keeping it clean. That still leaves her one outfit over the usual limit, though.