Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I won the Starflower outfit from Ebay. My question is which box did it come in originally? On the bottom of the box I received the label was peeled away.

Also the auction stated NIB, but it is used and someone ironed the velcro on the blouse and its melted so it does not hold.

My problem is, I really wanted this outfit, should I just purchase some clear snaps and fix it myself? Should I ask the seller to take it back? And since I paid for the original shipping and would have to pay return shipping, which is half the price of the outfit, should I just keep it and make the best of it?

Polly Marie

I don't know how much you paid, but there is an outfit on eBay now for $24.95. The item number is 250023574907
    Polly Marie

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 29, 2006 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Polly Marie ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Depending on what you paid, you might try contacting the seller and explaining that the outfit is not NIB and is, in fact damaged and see if they will refund some of the purchase price. (I would contact the seller with the assumption they didn't know the item wasn't NIB-- of course that isn't what I think happened, but you may get a better response if you act as though it was a big accident.)

It is pretty easy to replace velcro. If you can take a seam ripper and get the old (melted) velcro off you can attach new velcro in its place.

Given the shipping fees, I probably wouldn't return the outfit. It sounds like you can repair it. Is it in good shape aside from the velcro?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you both for your responses. I did contact the seller and she bought the outfit in a lot and did not try it on a doll. I guess NIB means something different to me than to her. But she could not have been nicer and is offering a partial refund. I had not thought about replaceing the velcro, when I go to the fabric store I'll look at that or I'll just use clear snaps. And BTW the outfit was $25. BIN, and I thought that was a pretty decent price for something NIB. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the original box it came in was the blue Today one with the dots.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If the item is not as described the seller should pay the shipping.A buyer should not be out anything due to a seller mistake.If you paid thru paypal and filed a not as described dispute with them,you would have to pay to return it with delivery confirmation but when it showed delivery they will refund your entire original payment including shipping.