Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reading level for AG Historical Books?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Our school does the AR program as well and even though the books have a 3.9 rating most of the girls in my daughters class were reading them in first grade, I help out with my son's class (second grade) for book bridges (where parents come in and listen to the children read) and although the AG books are in the browsing box they are in the 5 box with 7 being the highest level box and I always suggest them to the girls but most say they read them last year or earlier this year.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 26, 2006 07:45 PM: Message edited by: mom4four ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember reading my first American Girl book in 1st grade. I had just moved to Minnesota, I started with Kirsten. My best friend read them as well and has Kirsten. She is now a teacher in Va teaching American History. She brings her doll into class when teaching westward expansion.

The pharmacy/card store/post office in our Minnesota town had a display outside the store with all of new American Girl books. My parents would buy me a new book each time that we went into the store and I had finished the previous book.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 26, 2006 08:40 PM: Message edited by: sparkygrl ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

American Girl didn't exist until I was 8 so I was already reading at a higher level. The age range on the back of the books say 7-12. The girl I used to baysit was just beginning to read them on her own at just turned 5. It took a lot longer for my cousin to read them by herself- I think she was about 8. Congrats to your daughter for such a big accomplishment!

Senior Hostboard Member lonasin's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Reading level for AG Historical Books?

Howdy! An extensive library of audiobooks has made the Audible online service the best choice for people who love to read but do not have enough time for it. Anyone can register on this platform and get a free trial period, and there will be no difficulty in doing so. But if there are problems with registration, you can call the audible number or contact them online, and a support representative will definitely provide the necessary assistance to each user.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12