Thread: How to shorten a link?

Ashley1972

I want to edit my album to simply say Kit's Makeover rather than this really long link that widens the screen. I've tried for the last half hour but I just don't know how to do it. Help! Please be specific because I am a little computer illiterate! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ack, I pressed Add Reply too quick

Ok, under the box where you type your post, to the right of the graemlins, there should be a bunch of little boxes, "URL," "EMAIL," "BOLD," etc.

You want to click on the URL box. Paste the address to your album, and then press OK. It will then ask for the "name" of the link, that's where you type in the "Kit's Makeover." Press OK again, and that should be it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ashley1972

Okay, but I want it in my signature and that's not happening. What next?

Ashley1972

I'm going to try something here... It worked!!! I got it on a reply then pasted on my signature. Yippee!!! Finally! I was getting really aggravated with this.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 04, 2006 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Ashley's Mommy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can also make a reall short URL by visiting http://www.tinyurl.com . But it doesn't make a word link, just a short one that doesn't stretch the tables.

Ashley1972

I didn't know anything about this problem. My computer doesn't do this. Who does this affect?