Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just finished a dress for Naomi! (she's got another set, but not as pretty in my opinion, so I'll take pics of it later.)

naomipinkdress
    Naomi's Pink Dress. Made from this pattern here, the yellow one. It's supposed to have a 30s feel, so this pattern might be good for Kit. I got the fabric from my mom's; it was probably for a dress for me or my older sister but it's been around long enough for me to take it away. It looks very feedsacky, which is good. I was planning on snapping the back, but my snaps are AWOL, so it's velcroed.

<lj-cut text="More pictures">
    pinkcollar
    The collar. It's got seven buttons around it. My boy picked them out for me. =) The pattern called for twelve, but I dunno where they put the other two because I only needed ten.

pinksleeve
    The sleeve. The pattern actually doesn't call for topstitching on the sleeves, but I can't help making a little addition. Two more buttons went there.

pinkbodice
    The bodice. The front panel and the skirt are all one piece. The original pattern called for me making my own bias and piping, but I decided against it and bought some. The piping is supposed to be more flush, but I don't have a zipper foot.I think I'll invest in one next time I go to JoAnn's--which may be this weekend, since stuff's on sale again and I have coupons!

pinkbloomers
    The bloomers underneath. They're really neat, all poofy and puffy. They have piping too.

pinkbow
    The bow headband. I got confused putting it together at first; the instructions are wonky. Last button here. See? Only ten. Not twelve.

Now Naomi has a pretty dress. =) She'll catch up to the thirteen or so Addy has. I have a lot of patterns for her now--and she can wear separates!

--Kitti

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 27, 2006 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Nethilia ]</font>

Ashley1972

Naomi looks so cute! I'd love to have a dress like that for my Kit! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love both your girls, but Naomi has my Mom's name, so I am a little partial towards her. . .she is too cute. I love the dress, it brought back memories of when I was a kid, I seem to remember a dress in that style! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Sandy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a darling little outfit! Your dollies are so lucky to have such a talented seamstress of a mother [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That dress is gorgeous! I love the piping. You could make some $$$ selling these. You got skills, girl.

prasnlrd

That so sooooo cute! I love the detail! Heee-Hawwww!!!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Janie3082

For some reason, I can't see the pics, even when I click on the link. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by tngirl03:
    For some reason, I can't see the pics, even when I click on the link. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Try a hard refresh; hold control and then F5. Photobucket has been a pain all day.

Felicity_Fan85

The dress is so pretty!

Janie3082

They are working for me now, what a pretty dress! [img]smile.gif[/img]

My computer just froze up, so I had to restart it; afterwards the pictures showed up. My laptop acts strangely sometimes. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast