Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/re...?id=2099837799

Pictures of Nellie! This is our first album ever! Wish it was about something happier...Anyway, now you can see what Nellie is upset about. Kelli

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Same thing with my Lizzie!!They replaced her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Poor Nellie! [img]frown.gif[/img] She's such a sweet doll, and I definitely understand why your DD wouldn't want to part with her. I really think you need to fix her yourself, though; I can't see AG changing out just her eyes, although it's possible. Plus, I know your DD doesn't want to ship her off to begin with.

I would suggest you do what AsianAG said, except since the eyelashes are still inside the eye, I'd modify it slightly. I would just get a little glue on the corner of a piece of printer paper, while holding the eyelashes out with a tweezers, and poke the paper into the tiny slit right above the eyelashes. (The paper will fit just fine; my own Nellie is quite a trooper and let me try it on her, without the glue.) Wipe off any glue that shows immediately after you think you have enough glue inside the eye. You can repeat the process later if the eyelashes don't stay.

If that doesn't sound right, you might pull out the eyelashes as far as they'll go, put a thin ribbon of glue on the part of that is just poking out of the eye, and then move it in and out a couple times, to try to get some glue inside where it will stay. That has a bigger risk of getting glue stuck in the lashes, though, but you can try wiping it off once you think some has gotten inside.

If the paper thing sort of works but isn't enough, you could hold her eye open and do the same to the part with the eye, but you'd have to be VERY careful to remove any extra glue, probably with alcohol or something, immediately after you got it on the glass of the eyes. I don't have experience in cleaning doll eyes, so someone else might have better ideas for that part.

Good luck; I hope poor Nellie gets better soon! All my girls send her their love. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 05, 2006 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am so touched by all your ideas, encouraging practical suggestions and thoughtful, supportive words. You are a most excellent bunch!

I am hoping my dd lets me have a go at fixing Nellie's lash problem but as it stands now, I am not, uh, invited to try to do anything myself [img]smile.gif[/img] So, we will admit her at AGPLA with strict instructions not to replace head or doll -- our trip is still a month away, and I'm hoping maybe, maybe, meanwhile, Kate may soften her stance on things and let me try. Nellie is her favorite. Such a risky business!

Thanks to all!

Kelli

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good luck with your DD's Nellie!

I really think Kenshinchan's suggestions are the best course--you might point out to your DD that if the glue thing doesn't work, THEN you could send Nellie to the AG Hospital.

I hope things work out for Nellie and your DD! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Molly's been having that problem.Smack her in the back of the head and they'll come right back out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12