Thread: How do you wash your AG clothes?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have used Woolite in cold water in the past, but it didn't work very well. We have several outfits that need a good washing and I'm just not sure what the best way to do it is. How often do you wash your doll's clothes?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wash each item separately by hand in COLD water and oxyclean, Works great!

Brenda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've handwashed AG items in shampoo with hot water and they turned out great. One item, a very dirty Sam's sailor outfit from ebay, was really dark with dirt. The hot water didn't hurt the garment, nor did it make the black trim on the sleeves bleed and the white was really white after the wash. If you're unsure, perhaps you should test your chosen method on a small corner of the outfit first. I didn't have anything to lose by using the hot water/shampoo method. But you might want to try something else on a really valuable piece.

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use cold water, a dash of oxyclean, and a handful of Tide detergent--literally, I pour a bit in my hand and then swish my hand around. The water's cold, but not cold enough to make my hands hurt. I did this the one time I spilled grape juice on Addy's nightie, and there's no stain.

talentedtwelve12

I fill the sink with lukewarm water. Then, I poor one tablespoon of dish detergent in the sink (liquid OR little pebbley type). Stir until the soap dissolves. Then, soak the garment in the water for 5 minutes. Then, use your hand, a cloth, or a sponge to scrub the stain/dirt out. Then, if it's white, use bleach and rinse. If it's not, then just rinse with cold water. Air fluff dry in the dryer with an extra dryer sheet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sewed heirloom clothes for my DD when she was younger and they never recommended bleach or Woolite. Woolite, despite what its recommendations are, can fade color. The old fashioned soaps, not detergents, are recommended (Snowy- the one with the baby on the outside). Also, diluted shampoo can be used if it is not a harsh shampoo. There are special cleaners for restoring aging doll clothes too. I have not tried them personally, but I guess the point is to treat them with care if they are to last for years and not damage the fibers in the fabrics. I hope this helps.

Hostboard Member christiangassand's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How do you wash your AG clothes?

I suggest trying Laundry detergent sheets for washing your outfits. They are convenient and effective, especially for delicate items like doll's clothes. Simply toss a sheet into the washing machine with the garments, and it will dissolve during the wash cycle, leaving your clothes clean and fresh. Give it a try, and hopefully, you'll achieve better results than your previous attempts with Woolite in cold water. Good luck with washing your outfits!

Hostboard Member christiangassand's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How do you wash your AG clothes?

I suggest trying Laundry detergent sheets for washing your outfits. They are convenient and effective, especially for delicate items like doll's clothes. Simply toss a sheet into the washing machine with the garments, and it will dissolve during the wash cycle, leaving your clothes clean and fresh. Give it a try, and hopefully, you'll achieve better results than your previous attempts with Woolite in cold water. Good luck with washing your outfits!