Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe in a year or two I'd like to look into getting one of the Scenes and Settings, most likely Kirsten's. ^_^ But first I have a few questions about them? What are the dimensions? Would they be easy to fit under the bed or is there a better way to store them? How heavy are they? Also, I've heard that the prices for these can get to be over $100. Is this common for all of the S&S or just the rarer ones like Addy and Felicity's? TIA! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have Kirsten's Scenes and Settings (I love it, but am thinking about selling it soon for Faith's collection). It is really beautiful, and fits easily under a bed. There is a strap on the side and at the top to keep it closed, and it is light enough to carry, but I find it to be a bit unwieldy because of the size. Makes doll playtime a lot of fun.

I'm not sure about the price differences among the S&S, but I know they can be pricey on Ebay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by raindrops:
    I have Kirsten's Scenes and Settings (I love it, but am thinking about selling it soon for Faith's collection). It is really beautiful, and fits easily under a bed. There is a strap on the side and at the top to keep it closed, and it is light enough to carry, but I find it to be a bit unwieldy because of the size. Makes doll playtime a lot of fun.

I'm not sure about the price differences among the S&S, but I know they can be pricey on Ebay.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the comments. ^^ I'm glad to hear that it's fairly light-weight, I like things that I can carry around without much effort. What would you approximate the dimensions to be?

Oh, and if you do decide to sell Kirsten's S&S sometime in the future, would you please contact me? ^_^ If the timing is right for my piggy bank I might love to have it.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 26, 2006 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Nevtal ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since my doctor's wife found Sam's S&S for me at $8 (!) about 2 years ago, I've decided to get them all. I'm only missing Addy's right now. I'm not at home, but I'm thinking that closed they are about 2 ft by 3 ft? and a few inches thick. They would easily slide under a bed.

I'd suggest if you were interested in Molly's grabbing it now before the movie comes out and inflates the price.

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Samantha's goes for the cheapest I think. I have seen some go for 30 or 40 dollars. I don't have any myself(yet) but would love to get Sams and Felicitys. Just as a rule of thumb I believe they went for between 40-50 dollars originally so you can use this as a guide to pricing. Good luck finding Kirstens!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just got Samantha's on a BIN for $27. It's expensive to ship but I'm thrilled and searching for a good buy on another one (since I have two girls). They're great for play.

MickeyFan

The Scenes and Settings were originally $55. They are very large, but store easily under the bed. We have them all and they are beautiful. I really wish AG would make a set for all the girls. I don't remember how much I paid for them, but none of them were over $50 and that includes the shipping. One thing to look for on ebay is how they are shipped. Since they are considered a book, they can be shipped a lot less expensively if mailed as media mail. A lot of sellers on ebay don't realize they can be sent this way. It is more work for the seller because they have to custom make a box, but if you ask, most sellers will make the effort.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love them. They are light-weight and easy to store under a bed or between any piece of furniture and a wall.

If you are patient on ebay, you can find good deals. It depends on how minty you want them too. I'm willing to deal with some dents and dings so long as they aren't torn, so I get decent deals. I got Kirsten's for about $20 (has a big crease, but no tear), Felicity's for about $40-50 (snaps in the middle missing), and Sam's for $35 BIN.

Ask sellers if they'll ship media mail. These qualify as large books and it reduces the shipping to about $8 anywhere in the US. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dimensions are 30" wide (when closed, so twice that when laid flat), 24" high. Width is maybe 3".

I still need Molly's and Addy's. I'm sad I ever let Addy's go, but I needed $ at the time. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] I had found Addy's for around $35...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Because of the size, isn't the boxed-for-shipping scenes/settings considered oversize?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for all of the information, everybody. This will really aid me in my search. ^_^ And good luck to those of you who are also looking for some Scenes and Settings for your sweeties. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast