Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Okay so this was before the American Girl bug hit big time...
    Last fall, my mother went to a yard sale (what we call garage sales her in the south) because their ad in the newspaper said AG dolls. Well, she and my dad got there 30 min early and they weren't allowing people into the back yard yet. So...my dad convinced my mother to go to another one down the street and come back later. They did and were then the 2nd people to get to view the items. They passed the first lady walking back to her car with an armload of AG dolls that she bought for a song! My mother said that she bought all of the dolls but that the lady had an 8' table FULL of furniture an accessories left, but since my DD didn't have a doll yet... She left them. She said that the lady wanted to sell her everything on the table really cheaply. She had no idea what all the furniture and stuff was worth so they left!!!! We are still talking about missing out on all that stuff!!! She said she could have probably given the lady $50 or so for the entire lot!!!! An 8 foot table full now!!!!! Why, oh why didn't I go that day? !!! The bigger the AG bug hits me the more it makes me sick!!!!
    Now I just want to go to all the TS to try to find AG stuff. People don't really have too many 'yard sales' in cold weather!!!! LOL

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, that would have been a super great deal! I've kicked myself later for things I've either passed up or have gotten to right after someone else got the great deal. However, we have to keep on thinking that some other great deal will come up in the future! - Meg B.

Momento_Mori

Honestly, that story about made me lose my entire food for the day.....That is so awful. Ugh. So horrible...That would be a dream come true!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow!That is so sad!I hope the people who got them didn't sell them!