Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Huh. Anyone in the Bethesda, MD area with a 5-7 year old? This sounds like a lot of fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

From the website:
    "Campers can enjoy their favorite American Girl characters in a whole new way with this interactive dance camp. Each week features scenes from the Kit, Kirsten, Felicity, Molly, and Samantha books where girls can create their own dance, costumes, props and sets. Girls can enjoy the very same traditional crafts, arts, games and activities that the American Girls loved. They'll make fancy Victorian valentines, have birthday tea, learn a tricky version of hopscotch, and more."

They also have a Dr. Seuss camp, a fairy princess camp, etc. Where can I sign up? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, me too, I would rather the American girl dolls be for older girls. However, I like the idea of Bitty being for younger girls. I know a 6 year old who got an AG last year and the hair is a wreck!! I think Bitty solves that problem.

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a lot of fun. My inlaws live in Maryland. Wonder if they'll be a camp running during our next visit.

Our local library is having an American Girl Tea Party tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have to work, but my friend is taking my dd with her. I can't wait to hear all the details.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's really neat, I just hate to see that it is for the 5-7 range, instead of the 8-12.

It seems so many of the parents on this board have these dolls for the 5-7 set, and if that's whose buying them, AG is going to make them for that age. I think this might be why we are seeing more plastic. Even a very responsible 5 year old is likely to break a toy designed for careful play by a 12 year old.

I think I'm turning into a "grumpy old man" type but I want AG to be for older girls. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

I'd like AG to be for older girls too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun! [img]wink.gif[/img]