Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sigh...I don't know what to do...help please with a Jess problem...again

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Hi everyone-

I need your valuable advice yet again. I've had four Jess's (yep that's right...FOUR) sent to me since I first ordered. The first one was huge in the chest so I asked them to send me another and she had a great chest, but a black spot on her arm, so on to #3 who also had a lovely body, but has a hole in her shoulder (and supposedly these have all been inspected except #1!), so I called and asked if they could fix that hole for me and they just sent out #4. So I want you to look at these pictures, because #4 is bigger in the chest again, but I don't think she's quite as big as #1 and I'm so over the fence on whether to send #3 into the hospital to have that hole fixed or to keep #4 with the bigger body (since she wears so much sleeveless, a big chest is a bigger deal). I was also wondering who's head you like better. Thank-you thank-you thank-you all! I am just distraught and am so happy I can turn to this board for added input.

Shanna

p.s. also at the end of the album are some pictures of jess in Addy's underthings, which I think make cute PJ's and Josefina in Addy's striped dress which I LOVE on her.

heres the link

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2108857656

edited for spelling errors [img]redface.gif[/img]

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 24, 2006 02:45 PM: Message edited by: slovejoy ]</font>

Momento_Mori

Geez. What an ordeal to get the perfect Jess. I have to say that I like the face of #4 better, but the thick body of that one is really unbearable. The face of #3 is really cute, but I do like #4 better. If I were you, I don't know what I would do. I would probably see which one felt like my doll, and deal with the flaws. If you like #3 better, then I guess get the hole fixed, though it wouldn't be a big deal for me. If you like #4 better, then I guess her fat body will have to do! [img]wink.gif[/img] Let us know what you decide to do. Sorry I'm no help with decision making....
    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

I like the face of #4 too, and I kinda think the thicker body might seem more realistic to some people because not everyone is thin or flat chested at 10. But that is just my opinion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the body of #4 and the face of #3. I have a Jess. I guess I never realized they could be so different, so I just loved mine as soon as I got her. Don't know that there are any flaws because I haven't looked at her like that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, I think I might have switched their heads in the middle of the shoot, so I'm not sure which ones you like better. I suppose I should have thought of that at first. [img]redface.gif[/img] I realized that all girls are different at 10, but honestly I've never seen one with bigger shoulders that waist. When I look at #4 I think of my husband because he is very broad in the shoulders, but has a small waist, and I just don't like lookin at my doll that's supposed to represent a 10 year old that way, maybe that's why I'm so sensitive to the big chest. My #3 jess is still a good 1/2" longer in the shoulders than my Josefina that I got last summer, so perhaps I'm comparing her to that as well. I'm just really wishing right now that I had an AGP nearby.

SHanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only flaw i've noticed with my Jess is that her wig is loose. But i wouldn't send her back for that.
    As for your 4 dolls, I can't really advise you but i would keep the thicker body. I only say this because i've found that all my stuffed body dolls, not just AGs, get thinner over time. Some of my older dolls are quite skinny and i tend to think the more firmly stuffed the better.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I rechecked and I switched the heads at the beginning, so I think two of you like my old head (which I put on the new body) and one like the new head (on the old body) Sheesh sorry if this is confusing. I think I will keep the head on body #4. She was my head on my #1 Jess and so she has been with me through this whole ordeal albeit with different bodies.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes I think you should keep the #1 head on the #4 body. I'm not sure if it's just the photos but the body color looks better on the #4 body.

I tend to agree that stuffing seem to shrink with age.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the thinner Jess. How bad is the hole in her shoulder?

If you're still not happy, I'd go for a Jess #5, honestly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's funny, because the bodies do seem to be different in color, the embroidery on the top was different as well. I decided that I have a real issue with the big body, so I'm keeping body #4 with the hole. The hole isn't that big, but it's on the edge of her shoulder so when she wears her halter top it's noticable. I called CS and they told me that I could send her into the hospital at anytime, so that way I could enjoy her for a little while. I did decide to keep head #1. She just has something about her I love.

Shanna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast