Thread: Wanted: Hat pattern for Marisol

mypinkmermaid

Does anyone know where I could get a pattern for a hat like the one the comes on Marisol? They seem like they would be quick and fun to make, and I love the way it looks. I have searched the internet and ebay to no avail, plenty of patterns but none like this. Anyone? Thanks!

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 24, 2006 07:26 PM: Message edited by: mypinkmermaid ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

I did have one saved on my favorites list but, it got deleted recently by accident....

I did have this one saved that I think is for kids. Maybe the size could be adjusted....

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/cancercaps.html

I will let you know if I find the one for dolls
    again!!!

Hope this helps!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the pattern, Bean Bunny - it looks really cute and simple! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jeanette M.:
    Thanks for the pattern, Bean Bunny - it looks really cute and simple! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's not Marisol's exact hat, now, because I've never seen Marisol's close up. But it's still a nice crocheted hat.

mypinkmermaid

Thank you 3castles. Wow, lots of neat patterns. And thank you also, Bean Bunny. Yes, I do crochet, and if I just put my mind to it, could copy Marisol or Kit's hat pattern, and that may very well be what I end up doing. There are a lot of cute patterns out there, but I find that many of them are overly simplified and do not have the small detail that the ones that come with the dolls do. There is a lady that makes and sells hats for those Super Dolfie dolls, and she ended up creating her own patterns for the same reason. Maybe one day soon here I will take the time to do the same!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you crochet? Can you read patterns? Marisol's hat is crocheted (as is Kit's meet cap).

This is a really simple hat for dolls, I made the pattern up myself. F hook, worshed weight yarn ... even if I've been using Caron Simply Soft, which is like thin worshed weight. You might be able to get away with a G hook and thicker yarn, but you might (or might not) need to take out a round.

Ch 2. Six sc in second ch from hook.
    Round 1: 2 sc in five sc, 1 sc in last sc (11 stitches)
    Round 2: 2 sc in each sc (22 stitches)
    Round 3: 1 sc in each sc around (22 stitches)
    Round 4: *1 sc in first sc, 2 sc in next sc* repeat around (33 stitches)
    Round 5: 1 sc in each sc around (33 stitches)
    Round 6: *1 sc in next two sc, 2 sc in next sc* around (44 stitches)
    Round 7 onward: 1 sc in each sc around until the hat's long enough. I'd keep trying it on the girl. You probably want it to cover her ears. Tie off, weave in ends.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 25, 2006 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Bean Bunny ]</font>