Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WE'RE HEADED TO FELICITY'S HOMETOWN!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would love to know if anybody here knows any AG related things we shouldn't miss when we go to Colonial Williamsburg in a couple of weeks for a weekend "getaway" (I'm not sure if you can call it that since we will have our 4 lovely children with us)! Please let me know if there is any store, sight, event, etc. that shouldn't be missed! Thank you!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I went there when I was five, so I don't remember too much [img]wink.gif[/img] . But I do know that when you first check in, you can inquire about the Felicity program or just mention Felicity. When I went there which was about 10 years ago (WOW!) they gave out a little brochure/booklet that you could fill out about Lissie.

I mostly just liked walking around and talking to all the historical actors and actresses. Be sure to check out the giant hedge maze in the governor's backyard - that was so fun!

ETA: I found this while googling Colonial Williamsburg Felicity. This might have been what I did - but I don't remember a guided tour or lessons, because my brother and I were both very young. So perhaps you can just get the booklet?

Felicity? in Williamsburg: An American Girls Museum Program
    Kids love living the adventures of Felicity Merriman?, a spunky nine-year-old girl growing up in Williamsburg in 1774. She's one of the five lively characters from The American Girls Collection? of books whose stories bring history to life.

Colonial Williamsburg, in conjunction with Pleasant Company, offers a special vacation package especially for young girls and their families called Felicity in Williamsburg (Please note that you will not see Felicity as part of this program (so each child can imagine her there or pretend to be her). Also note that children must be accompanied by an adult. The program is not recommended for children under the age of seven). The package includes lodging, breakfast, a guided outdoor walking tour (including a visit to a house like the Merrimans'), Lessons with Miss Manderly? (on rules of courtesy, stitchery, dancing, and the proper way to partake of tea), a Colonial Williamsburg Patriot's Pass, and a special gift package for each child. The program is offered weekends from mid-March through December, with additional weekday tours in the summer. For reservations and information, call (800) 501-0057 or (757) 253-2277.

Felicity books and keepsakes from The American Girls Collection? are available at select Colonial Williamsburg shops.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 12, 2006 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Kit, Kat, and Friends ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I live about two hours from Williamsburg and have gone often in recent years, but unfortunately, the Felicity event was cancelled when Mattel took over. [img]frown.gif[/img] There are still many things to do, though! Bring your dolls because many of the costumed workers worked the Felicity event and remember Felicity quite well! They can even mark "Felicity" places on a map for you to tour...like Mr. Merriman's store, etc. The hat shop sells doll-sized hats and the dressmaker sells very expensive doll-sized mob caps and pockets. And, yes, you can get Felicity books and mini dolls, too as well as many other fun souvenirs.

Oh, and Market Square (brainfreeze...I think that's right) is the modern shopping district right on the edge of Colonial Williamsburg. It has nice restaurants, a cool toy store, Barnes and Noble, etc.

And if the kids get tired of Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens is right in Williamsburg, too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awesome!!!!!!! Haven't been there yet though, sorry! Im going this Spring Break.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Which weekend? We will be there Oct. 21-23. If we go before you I can get back to you on what to see/do. We plan to buy tickets that will allow us to go in the Governor's Palace, since that is where Felicity went to the Christmas ball. Hope you have a great trip. We are going to Jamestown, Yorktown & Colonial Williamsburg. I have my fingers crossed for beautiful weather & peak fall colors. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Williamsburg is awesome. [img]smile.gif[/img] We're going next weekend. If you bring Felicity, EVERYONE will know who she is! All the people who work there know Felicity. Like Laura said, there are these doll sized hats they sell that are a must have! They're really pretty. I have 2. They sell Felicity books in some of the stores. We're going to the Dance, Our Dearest Diversion event which you might enjoy since Felicity learns to dance and goes to the dance lesson in the books.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vicky,

We will be there Oct. 21-23! If you see a little girl in a green stripe or navy blue Colonial dress w/ three AG's (Kit, Lissie and #25...traveling Violet [img]wink.gif[/img] ), two brother's and a tired mom & dad feel free to say "Hi!". Hannah would be amazed & I think it would be pretty nice too. Small world, huh?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I want to know more about the Governor's Palace and Dance, Our Dearest Diversion. We will have DS8, DD6, DD3, & DS1 so we may be a little limited! I can't wait to hear reports when you get back! Please tell me everything! Thanks for all the info and I would love to hear more!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a good place to gather information, if you haven't already found the site...

http://www.history.org/

If you click on VISIT and then CALENDAR, you can pull up the days you will be there & it will give you info. on what events will be available those days. It will also tell you if it will incur any extra cost. We will be skipping the evening programs unless it is something I can do w/ Hannah while DH takes care of the boys. Our kid's are close to the same age, but you have an extra baby to keep happy. [img]wink.gif[/img] I so understand about the limitations. [img]confused.gif[/img] DS2 has decided he's a "big boy" & doesn't need his stroller. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Have fun planning. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bren,

I'm so glad I DIDN'T take Violet to Williamsburg when I had her...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast