Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been keeping my dolls in my sister's room for the last few months. It has been so much fun to have them out but now they have to be put away because my father is going to start sleeping in my sister's room because my mother has kicked him their room because of his snoring. I am mad because I have no where else to put the dolls so . . . they have to go away. I am rather hurt because I am just now getting the motivation to start sewing again.

Ashley

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can you put shelving up for them? I'm sorry that they have to be put away. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't understand why they can't go in your room.

I'm sure they won't even mind sitting on the floor.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe your dad won't mind sleeping with the dolls???

We have an extra room in our house too and I have been planning on turning it into a doll room. Now summer is almost here and my niece and nephews are coming to stay (we hope!)
    I need to get my dolls put away too. I bought a very tall shelf from Ikea and I am going to put it up in my bedroom. I think it will hold most of my dolls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My dad won't hang the shelves I have and I am not allowed or able to buy another bookcase because we have not where to put it. My dad is rather selfish, I had to manipulate him just to get him to fix the mower for me. I am responisble for mowing the lawn and the mower has been driving me crazy for years so I told him unless he fixed the mower I wasn't going to mow. He fixed the mower and then said he didn't realize how bad of shape it was in. ::shakes head::rolls eyes::

My dad puts up with my dolls because I will do thinks like paint the house. He only puts up with the ulitimate girly things because I also do some truely guy things.

Ashley

rolloverrover

Has your dad tried the over-the-counter nose strips. My husband uses them and they really work!! You can easily get them at any drugstore. I get them at Costco. They come in two sizes, small and large. Most men will require a large.

Also, if he is overweight that can play a role in some men snoring. Maybe he should go in and have a "sleep study." Sometimes people need to be hooked up to a CPAP machine.

It's a shame you lose your bedroom. I would really recommend the nose strips, at least giving them a try.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why can't the dolls stay in your room? Maybe you could put just 1 out at a time and have some under the bed in boxes so they are accessible. You could rotate them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope he stops snoring so mom will let him back in to the bedroom...in the mean time...try those strips....a nice little gift....maybe you could talk to mom about them...and when he is sleeping and snoring loudly you could attach one to his nose...he wouldnt even know till he woke up.......just a suggestion

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a suggestion-- if you can clear the top of a bookcase, you can line up a few sturdy shoeboxes on their sides; this makes a second tier on the back, and will hold 2 rows of dolls. That's how I fit 10 dolls on top of my bookcase. Later on, I expanded it with the addition of a shelf-quality board from Lowe's to make even more room--here's a picture that might help--

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2109540331

And the beauty of it is that it's all temporary (nothing to "build-in") and easily removable, and above all--CHEAP! [img]smile.gif[/img]

If this won't work for you, I hope you find an alternative to putting you dollies away. Good luck! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]