Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

How often does AGP change their shows at the theater? We went to see the American Girl Revue at AGPC this weekend and it was AMAZING!! We purchased the CD and it is AWESOME as well!! It is basically the whole play on CD minus a few acts. I will definetly take my DDs to see another show, but was wondering how often they change the show. Anyone know?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think they've only had 2 or 3 different ones aimed at the 8 and up crowd since AGPC opened in (I think?) 2000. I might be wrong, but I think it was the Review and the Circle of Friends. Was there another?

So, I guess they don't change them too often! I think The Circle of Friends one was sent to NY when it opened after being at C for awhile, and the Review opened there. My guess would be a new cycle when AGPLA opens, CoF at LA, Review at NY, and something new at C.

Never been to either store (much less the shows), so I might be wrong here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it's every couple of years. The American Girl Revue was originally at AGPC from when it opened in 1998 until about 2002, when Circle of Friends was introduced.

Inactive Member mominindianapolis's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We were at the 2:00 show at AGPC on Saturday. It was wonderful. It was dd's 6th bday and she'd been waiting 2 yrs to be old enough to go. The CD has not stopped playing here since our return. She has memorized all of it - although she's disappointed Kit and Kaya aren't on it. She would see that show a 1000 times I think, but I was wondering the same thing. I know you can get the Circle of Friends CD and was thinking of going ahead and getting it.

MissCurlyCat

I have both CDs and I think they're great! I have them memorized completely too! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Even though it's a bunch of songs for younger people... [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Right now as far as I know the Revue is at both AGPs.

There are times during the holidays when there is a diferent show. We were at AGPC last year when Circle of Freinds was leaving but I did not have time to go and see it.

Lara

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For the last 2 years or so, the same shows have been playing at AGPNY: the Revue during the year, and the holiday revue in November and December.
    This is one of my pet peeves. For the holidays I would have loved to bring DD back to see a show, but we've already seen both. Sigh!

Ana

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My daughter loved the Revue so much that we went to it again the second time we went to AGPNY. She would love to have the CD, but says that the Kit and Kaya songs are her favorite and she doesn't understand why it hasn't been updated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Revue started in Chicago, then when NY opened Revue went to NY. Then they had Circle of Friends in Chicago, which just ended last Sept. We got to see the show in August, front row, and it was wonderful. We've had the CD's to both of the shows and we love them both.

Both theatres are now showing only the Revue, with the special Christmas shows at the holiday season.

I would have thought for sure that COF was going to NY, but they didn't. They really need a new one in Chicago or NYC by now.

The Revue could be done in LA since it will be a new store.

Laurie... who's favorite song is Josefina's "Is there room in the heart for two?", makes me cry everytime I hear it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We were fortunate enough to see the Circle of Friends show in Chicago this past summer and it was Awesome! We had purchased the Day at AGP package and they sent the CD out ahead of time. We listened to it on a drive up to Michigan (from Georgia) a few weeks before going and I still can't get the songs out of my head. The CD is actually in the car cd player right now. I have even caught the boys singing to it. I was hoping they would update the cd to include Kaya's song but they haven't. I just assumed the show had gone onto NY and am sorry to hear that it hasn't. Even if your not going to see the show I hightly recommend the cd for any little girls into AG. The songs each tell a bit of each girls story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast