Thread: Shipping Ebay purchases......venting!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have bought and sold on Ebay for over 5 years now, and have never had an item, or items stuffed in a box like today.
    I bought two AG dolls on Ebay, last week, and they came today, both of them stuffed in a box, that measures 12 x 10 x 6 inches!!!

Of course, they were bent in half, and the legs on the one are so stretched out, she is going to need limb tightening!

I realize these are "fixers", but they still should be shown some respect! Actually the one with the stretched out legs, is in perfect condition, other than now having loose limbs. She was actually bent in half in the box.
    The other one was wearing tights, so couldn't be bent as much, so she's fine.

I've emailed the seller about her poor packaging, and I'll see if I get an answer.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 13, 2006 03:57 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have had this happen a few times, with both dolls and outfits. It really is irritating! In particular with the dolls, it shows a lack of respect for them.

Cute dolls, though, so congrats on the new girls!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whoa! Congratulations on that fabulous auction!! Great PRICE!!!Those two morsels are...... [img]tongue.gif[/img] SLUUUUUUUUUUUUURP!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] gorgeous!!! What a steal of a deal!!!

I am sorry about the shipping of these two delicious delights. That happened to me with Sue Lynn (#4) and Monica Brianne (PM#18). They were both in boxes so small that I thought it was something else and was surprised when it was a doll!

I think some of these sellers are just after the money, once the item is sold, and they get the money, they just take a "get rid of it" mentality.

Enjoy those two, they are beautiful! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

It was a good deal but still for the price I would think the seller could afford to ship the beauties in a decent sized box!
    You just never know about eBay deals.
    The dolls look really pretty in the auction picture.

joelanddeborah

I've had the same thing happen--a small box, with a white body fixer-upper doll wrapped in--UGH--dirty newspaper!

I feel for you...you got a really great deal, though, and VERY pretty dolls!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I bought and sold for nearly 10 years and I have not had so much frustration as I have this past year, especially with sellers. They refuse to leave you FB until AFTER you have left them FB, even though you pay them immediately! ALSO the condition of the items and packaging is just plain awful. I think it is because of the auction warehouses that have sprung up, where they list stuff that people drop off and then take a commission. There is no respect for the buyer or the merchandise. I received a BB last month that was wrapped in dirty newspaper and not in the described condition. I even ASKED the seller to clarify the condition of the dolls eye before bidding and he insisted that everything was "as stated". His auction also stated "no returns", so though I am not happy I am stuck. This is not about somebody selling their "loved" belongings to go to college/pay the rent, which is what Ebay was when it started. [img]frown.gif[/img]