Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cami713:
    ...The beginning of the third paragraph is most exciting. As was pointed out in the other thread, Jess was published for opposition just a few months before her release. Seems unusual, as Kenshin points out, they probably must have had the book and doll all ready before they even filed. Perhaps Rebecca is done already, too? Maybe we will get a surprise for the 20th Anniversary...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be wonderful! I haven't been able to understand why nothing special seems planned for the 20th anniversary. It's such an obvious opportunity for AG to celebrate its success and create even more buzz.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 11, 2006 04:14 PM: Message edited by: auri ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope I dont sound cluless, but when is the 20th aniversary?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, and just thinking out loud here, if Rebecca did turn out to be a 20th anniversary surprise do you think she would have been 9 years old 20 years ago or maybe and even older historical? A doll from the 80's might not be all that historical enough but still a fun idea. The name Rebecca goes all the way back in time so there is really no telling.
    Kristin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AGLoverx:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I couldn't tell you the exact date but the first American Girl catalogs were sent out by the Pleasant Company in September 1986.

fly-away

Originally posted by auri:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AGLoverx:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I couldn't tell you the exact date but the first American Girl catalogs were sent out by the Pleasant Company in September 1986.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Omigosh! That means my Birthday will be around the 20th anniversary!!!! YYAAAYY!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by fly-away:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by auri:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AGLoverx:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I couldn't tell you the exact date but the first American Girl catalogs were sent out by the Pleasant Company in September 1986.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Omigosh! That means my Birthday will be around the 20th anniversary!!!! YYAAAYY!!!!!!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mine, too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Which was part of my big excuse for placing an order when the first catalog came. My daughter was just eight months old but surely she would want these dolls when she got older so I'd better start getting them. And besides, I was pregnant. Yep, that's right, number two was on the way. And the clincher, it was just about my birthday! So of course I put in an order. The first of many, many, many more.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wondered about that, too. Maybe--just maybe--a new historical and her best friends?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If so, according to the names (Shelley, Julie and Diane) it sounds like this historical may be more modern, from the 60s, 70s or 80s?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 11, 2006 10:42 PM: Message edited by: AnneMarie ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I also thought I'd add that if you keep looking through the trademarks, there's a cancelled one for AGTV. It says, production of television programs for girls. It was filed in 1994. How cool would that have been?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

huh? what does that mean.....????

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont get what mayergirl said.....abotu AGTV...whats that???

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast