Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think AGTV would have been something like MTV only all about American Girl instead of Music.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AnneMarie:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    I wondered about that, too. Maybe--just maybe--a new historical and her best friends?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If so, according to the names (Shelley, Julie and Diane) it sounds like this historical may be more modern, from the 60s, 70s or 80s?
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm hoping for 1950s. I'd love a doll who starts out in 1954 (since all the dolls start in years ending in '4') but who goes to the opening of Disneyland in 1955.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah that would be cool....maybe Rebecca could be coming on the 27th for the special day???

fly-away

Originally posted by AGLoverx:
    Yeah that would be cool....maybe Rebecca could be coming on the 27th for the special day???
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what I was JUST thinking!

Maybe a Civil rights doll or some girls from the 80s? Maybe a penpal line or a line of dolls from other countries? Maybe some new line of Today dolls? Endless possibilities!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, clue me in, why the 27th?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The 27th is the "Special Day" I just emiled AG customer service, asking about if new today grls will be coming on the 27th....fly-away- youre right, the possibilities ARE endless, i think since we came across the names shellie and diane and one other- i think those are like named bittys with a different storie, and Lia is pry the next LE doll...and Rebecca is probably the next historical from like the 80's..like you said, fly-away

Im so excited for the 27th, I'm mnot going but I hope there will be lot sof new dolls, and now I'm thinking a new line maybe. Could some one oging to the "Special Day" please take some pics and share about the new items, since osme people cant go and wont see them till the 1st. Please???????????

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Isn't Rebecca a Jewish name? I know AG has said in the past that the two historicals that they get pressure to create is a Jewish historical and a Asian historical.

Would AG make a new historical without touching one of these two wanted groups? I don't know, but I think Rebecca might be a Jewish historical.

Thoughts?

Jessica

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 12, 2006 11:19 AM: Message edited by: FarmhouseGirl ]</font>

13Pumpkins

I wonder if Rebbecca is a new historical? If so I wonder what time period... maybe Puritan/Mayflower? Truthfully, I doubt she could be Asian, which if they put out a historical doll that is not Asian, then I'd be disappointed. HOWEVER, if she is Jewish, then that would be so exciting because that would mean that in a couple of years there would be an ASian..... because they put out Lindsey because people wanted a Jewish doll... and then Jess. At least that's my reasoning. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] So......

I am just hoping tht the doll isn't another blue eyed blonde doll...... I love my Kit & Kirsten & Elizabeth dolls, but I much prefer darker coloring.
    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

13Pumpkins

Originally posted by FarmhouseGirl:
    Isn't Rebecca a Jewish name? I know AG has said in the past that the two historicals that they get pressure to create is a Jewish historical and a Asian historical.

Would AG make a new historical without touching one of these two wanted groups? I don't know, but I think Rebecca might be a Jewish historical.

Thoughts?

Jessica

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ June 12, 2006 11:19 AM: Message edited by: FarmhouseGirl ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We posted at the same time.... I was thinking the same thing!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Brown*Eyed*Girl:
    I think AGTV would have been something like MTV only all about American Girl instead of Music.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Except that MTV doesn't play music anymore! If it was like that it would start out about AG then end up mostly with Barbie and other Mattel sellers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast