Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If Rebecca did turn out to be a Jewish doll, I wonder if she would be from the 60's. The east coast tends to have the highest concentration of followers of the Jewish faith. In the mid-late 60's there was a lot of civil rights activity on the east coast, as well as a certain concert held in a field. Perhaps her stories would include a lot of that history. Also, when AG came out with the original dolls, Molly was 40 years in the past, and now the 60s are at the same point today. Just some random thoughts.

~Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You have a good point about the 40 year thing. I havent even thought of that. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just because they haven't released two historicals in one year doesn't mean they couldn't or wouldn't. And with this being the 20th, why not do something as unprecedented as that? I don't think there would be a problem of one diminishing the other either. This community is proof that AG fans have plenty of room in their hearts for multiple dolls.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I very much disagree.

Yes, most people on this board have multiple dolls. But most people on this board are adults, buying for either themselves, or themselves and their child(ren). How true is that of the average child who's parents are buying the dolls for them? Probably not very.

When I was a child, I had 3 dolls, one was a gift, one I saved up for, and one I won in a contest. Most children have *very* limited income, and probably are not going to be able to get 2 18' dolls a year, muchless 2 historicals AND however many new AGTs plus an LE, and now new BT? And how many parents are going to say ok to that many new dolls in one year?

Releasing a million dolls at once isn't going to hurt how much money they bring in all together, just might hurt the sales of a specific doll. That was my point originally. When little girls are told "you can have one doll for Christmas," they'd have to pick through Emily, Rebecca, 2-3 new AGTs, a gift cert for the next LE, or apparently new Bitty Twins. It'd be disappointing to see Rebecca sell badly because more people went with the already established character of Emily (and possibly get them thinking not to even bother with a new historical until all of the friends are made), or Emily sell low because people went with a new doll (possible reaction being that Molly isn't liked), or something similar.

I do agree with you, though, that for the 20th it would be nice of them to do something different. I would have preffered no Emily, and just the new doll.

edited for spelling [img]redface.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 13, 2006 04:49 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I also doubt that we'll see Rebecca this year, but, considering that none of the other friends' names are showing up on the trademark site yet, I'm not sure I expect a friend doll next year. I'm also not sure I expect an LE next year. It would make sense for them to release a new historical by herself, in a year at least without a friend doll. Here's hoping she has either Kaya or Jess's mold [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345