Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What was the history mistake in Molly's mystery?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 16, 2006 07:58 AM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cami,

What was the error in Harry Potter 4, I'm interested in knowing [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AGfanatic, it said Hitler wanted to kill anyone who wasn't a Christian. In reality, Hitler was vehemently opposed to organized religion, and felt nationalism should replace it. That was his main mission in what he did, so it was a pretty big error. They were going to change it, so it might not be in the book any more. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cami, I haven't checked to see whether or not it has been fixed in Molly's book, but sure would like to know, too! By the way, I'd also love to know the Harry Potter error! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 16, 2006 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Near the end of 4, in the Graveyard scene (which was also in the movie), when Harry and Voldemort are dueling, they're wands together "created" a spell that brought back the last 5 or so people that Voldemort had killed, backwards. Cedric Diggory came out first, followed by Frank Bryce, the guy from the beginning of the book/movie, and then Amelia Bones (I don't think they even mentioned her in the movie), followed by Harry's parents. Harry's father came out before his mother, when we know from earlier books that James died before Lily, trying to protect them both. Lily should have come out first, followed by James.

Might not be all that huge to everyone, lol, but I remember being confused the first time I read it. Only to sign online and see that a bunch of other people were also confused!

JKR makes it very, very clear in other books that it was Harry's mom's sacrifice that gives Harry his biggest strength, and her dying trying to protect him as she did could only have happened with her dying last.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 16, 2006 11:38 AM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Melissa:
    AGfanatic, it said Hitler wanted to kill anyone who wasn't a Christian. In reality, Hitler was vehemently opposed to organized religion, and felt nationalism should replace it. That was his main mission in what he did, so it was a pretty big error. They were going to change it, so it might not be in the book any more. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ April 16, 2006 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">IMHO, Hitler was a nut, he is one of the craziest dictators ever. He was 1/4 Jewish (I believe his grandmother was Jewish) and he wanted to kill all of the Jews in Europe? That makes perfect sense. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img]
    ETA: My sarcasm is pretty bad, so I just wanted to say that I was being sarcastic in the last sentence.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 16, 2006 11:50 AM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12