Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe you. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

What you should do is ask the seller to take a picture of the doll to send to you. Then (unless she has another Samantha) she'll be forced to show that the doll is indeed a WB, just like you said, and she won't be able to cheat you out of your money and your dolly.

Just a suggestion. Good luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah but she could just place the head on a diff body.....
    either way looks like im getting the bad end of the deal... I send a doll off that I have taken great care of and has been special to me, and someone tries to tell me I misrepresented her and not only that, but sent the wrong doll? I think I know my SAM!
    GRRR

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You need to tell her to return the doll to you, and you will refund her money, as soon as you make sure it is the same doll you sent her.
    She needs to pay return shipping.
    Also, you can tell her you mark all of your items with a "black light" marker, and it is a secret mark, known only to you. This is how you determine if it is the same doll you sent.
    I know of sellers that are doing this, because they have been ripped off by too many buyers, returning dolls that are not theirs.
    It's almost becoming a common practice.
    If she's honest, your doll will be returned. If you don't hear from her again, you know she was trying to pull something over, and substiture a doll that wasn't truly a white body.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe this buyer is a new buyer of WB AG dolls. Since you have your auction pics you could also send her pics of the tan bodied dolls for a comparison. Also you could point her in the direction of the lady on ebay that talks about these dolls, mamma_salama and ask her to send a pic of the doll she received to this lady for verification. She is really nice and I'm sure would answer any of her questions.
    I would try and get a positive outcome from this auction, because you know what you did was right and truthful, and this buyer is just afraid she got ripped off. And because I have never personally seen a WB doll I would assume "white" is WHITE not muslin as is there real color. And as we all know "muslin" may take on different shades depending on age.
    Just my [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did she pay with paypal? If she did then its very possible she's going to scam you.

What she'll do it file a claim with paypal that the item is not as described. Once she gives paypal a tracking number for the package she is mailing back to you- paypal will refund her money.

In reality though, the buyer has mailed you back an empty box, or a box with a rock in it or a different doll- and then the seller is out their $$ and the item.

I had a buyer try to pull this on me- but with a $1200 purse I sold! What I did was pull her contact info on eBay and called her and I think that scared her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WEll if that happens, im no longer a paypal or ebay customer!
    Thats all I can say about that... 1 less person Im sure isnt going to make that much of a difference, but oh well! Im not going to continually get ripped off because Im "honest"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know you all know the white bodied dolls, and how they are not "BLEACH WHITE" in color....
    Thats not how they are, especially when they are what, 20 years old?
    Im just saddened and frustrated.. this lady seemed so nice from her emails [img]frown.gif[/img]

T. Lynn

I agree with the "black light" marker. If I sell anything on ebay, this is what I will be doing from now on. A lot of sellers are doing that for this very reason and I can't say that I don't blame them...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But how does marking your doll protect you against people who get a Paypal refund and send you back a box full of rocks? Sometimes I think there's really nothing you can do when people are set out to cheat you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

I've heard of things like this happening-and I've heard of people closing their bank accounts associated with paypal and pulling all their money out before the buyer scams them. I hope it all works out. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Allison

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast