Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I kind of want to close my paypal acct anyways....
    Im tired of getting ripped off... I have to wait though because I have items pending to the bank...
    ill take checks or money orders...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jamie-
    Did you try explaining to her that white bodies are not actually a white, they are more of a beige. I sold a white body molly to a very nice lady who wasn't aware of that and so e-mailed me that Molly wasn't white, but that she wanted to keep her anyway (wasn't that sweet), but I told her that white isn't a literal term and that she does indeed have a so called white body. Now I no that didn't come out very smoothly, but you could try e-mailing her something along those lines [img]smile.gif[/img] . Good luck!

Shanna

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 09, 2006 01:53 PM: Message edited by: slovejoy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

haha and to think I was contemplating on possibly selling my nrfb lindsey on ebay! I am definately KEEPING her and all my girls!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That whole situation burns me up! I find it very hard to believe that someone would bid on a WB doll without realizing what the WB color actually looks like so it sounds like a scammer to me......Was your listing photo very true to life so there could be no debate? I do agree to offer a refund if she returns the doll.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would not misrepresent my stuff... the only thing I can think of is 1. This person has never seen a WB doll in person and therefore cant distinguish or know the difference between a white "muslin" and tan body. 2. I am being scammed... 3. The flash from my camera may have made it appear "whiter" than usual, but white bodies are not bleached white in color!
    :/ How will I know I get the same doll back and not a different tan bodied doll?
    then what? She sends me a totally different doll back claiming that was the one I sent her and Im out not only my special doll, but out of a lot! :/

T. Lynn

Could you PM me your ebay link? I'd like to see it. I know nothing about white bodied dolls so I'm curious as to see it and if I would have questioned it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, as the saying goes " nice people always finish last"....
    [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You could try directing her to my website and the comparison pictures of tan-bodied PM and white-bodied Sam on there. I also have a chart. This may help if she is just unknowledgable. I have a WB Sam and a WB Kirsten and they are off-white/muslin color, not WHITE. Maybe some people just don't realize that if they've never seen her in person.

My page on Sam has a chart and closeups of WB Sam's face, hair, etc. My page on Kirsten has a WB unclothed next to a tan bodied so she could see the difference in body color.

That would be horrible and scary if she scammed you. Was her feedback OK? I've never had problems with anyone who had good, robust feedback but I've had a couple bad experiences with buyers and sellers (both ends) that had not the best of feedback. I had one lot I paid for a couple years ago that was described as mint with no close-up pictures and I paid top dollar for. The Addy had advanced silver eye and there were holes in all the clothes when she arrived. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm very sorry about the lady who's most likely trying to scam you. [img]frown.gif[/img] But I agree, she needs to know, first off, that "white body" does not mean paper-white. I had no idea of that when I first came here, and it took me a couple weeks of lurking to assure myself that yes, my Kirsten is WB, because I took the term so literally, and her body is not literally white.

Sorry that I've never dealt with problems in my very limited eBay experience, so I can't give you any good advice...except you CAN try to sell items here. Not to say that it's 100% risk free either, but I haven't heard of too many people having troubles, and of course there's no listing fees. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Give the buyer the benefit of the doubt,why assume a scam and not just ignorance. Answer her calmly explaining the differences and giving her the website showing the differences.Maybe step away for an hour or so first.If you can be calm you also could call her-just request her contact info thru ebay.
    Yes there are all kinds of things that could go wrong but they usually don't.If she files a snad claim with paypal she will have to return the doll to you with online tracking/dc.When it shows as delivered paypal will return her money from your account.If you a worried about a switch or a box of rocks,open the box in front of you post person.If there is a problem you can file mail fraud charges with the post office.If you do receive a return you can file with ebay to get your fees returned.
    Closing your ebay account is not going to solve this for you.Accounts are only closed after no activity for 180 days of non use.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast