Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

The doll braces look very tiny, so HOW do you put them on the dolls' teeth? How do you get them off?

The reason I ask is because I'm supposed to be getting braces soon, and I want Maura to have them with me.

emsmombuysdolls

I have never used them but did hear that you have to be very careful as they may peal some of the paint of your doll's teeth.

Inactive Member american-girl-fan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is helpful to have long nails...I take out my earing (I only wear studs so I can do this) and then lift up one edge of it so I can grab it. You can use a toothpick or a dried out pen or white colored pencil or something too. It's easy to ge them on and off.

Hannah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Laura, they just stick on like the stick-on earrings; and you can just lift them up when you are ready to peel them off (tweezers help with getting them on straight). Like the earrings, you can use them and re-use them. I have never had a problem with tooth paint peeling off; and I have left them on for up to a month. They come in cute little colors - silver, red, blue, and green; and the pack comes with 3 sheets of 8 braces on each sheet. My GT21 (Margie) has worn them the most at my house, and she looks adorable with braces on!

prasnlrd

Originally posted by emsmombuysdolls:
    I have never used them but did hear that you have to be very careful as they may peal some of the paint of your doll's teeth.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I heard this to; but it is not true. I have had some for over a year. I take them on and of my morsels with ease. The piant has never been disturbed. They do not have a strong enough adhesive hold to stick real hard. They are just like stick-ons.

DD's double Sierra Elizabeth #26 has been wearing hers for months along with DD. No problem whatsover.

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Laura, I use a Q-tip for guiding the braces and sticking them on the dolls teeth. I'm clumsy so I would probably scratch the paint off if I used tweezers. It's a little bit more difficult to get them on the Marisol/Elizabeth face mold.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by *Princess Kailey*:
    Laura, I use a Q-tip for guiding the braces and sticking them on the dolls teeth. I'm clumsy so I would probably scratch the paint off if I used tweezers. It's a little bit more difficult to get them on the Marisol/Elizabeth face mold.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I can see that. I couldn't even imagine putting them on Marisol!

horselvr2

I just use twesers (sp?) to get the on and off. It doesn't seem like there sticky enough to pull off the paint on dolls teeth though...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have braces listed in my store
    3girls1boy1mommy

But, if you would like a sheet for $3.00, no shipping fee...I can send some out to HB Members.

Just PM me.
    Becky

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone have any of them that they would be willing to sell? I tried to get some for two little girls (friends of my DD's) that are getting braces, but AG doesn't sell them anymore! [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast