Thread: How to tell if the Addy doll is PM?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Horsemom, your web page is very interesting, thankyou. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Just really started collecting and I love the Addy, Kaya and Josefina dolls. We have 2 Addy's and 1 AGOT named Nicky. I was looking on Ebay and wanted to know how I can tell if a doll is PM. What numbers should I be looking for. Most dolls are 148/16.

Does anybody know? I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a German-made first issue Addy. She's in my siggy and my album in my signature if you'd like to see pictures.

One tell-tale sign is soft, dark brown eyelashes instead of stiff, black ones. Generally, PM Addy hair is also very full and more textured than the Mattel dolls- which makes it more difficult to keep from tangling, but more authentic. The earliest Addy dolls, if their clothes are original to them, will have tags on their dress "Made in West Germany 1986." I know they were released in 1993, but the first issue dolls have that tag on their dress. The PM dolls that are of later issue will have the "Made in China 1993." I also find the W. German Addys have a narrower face than the Mattel ones. Skin tone varies a lot it seems for all years of Addy dolls.

If you look under the Addy section at my webpage:
    www.freewebs.com/historicalamericangirls
    I have a chart with some of the differences. Sorry- eventually there will be lots of pictures, but it's a work in progress still.