Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have to make a cover for our Wuthering Heights paper for English class, and I was thinking of using Sam's scenes and settings, or putting the dolls outside and getting a few pictures. Do you think this would be match the book? Whose clothes should I put them in - Samantha's, Kirsten's, Felicity's...?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wuthering Heights wouldn't match any of the AG time periods exactly, it was first published in 1847. Kirsten's clothes are too pioneerish. Maybe the polka dotted Misdummer dress would be closest or Addy's Kite flying/flower picking dress or Cape Island dress

Portrait of the Three Bronte sisters

Emily Bronte

I don't have any of the Scenes and Settings but if you have something that resembles a moor or an old manor house, you could use that.

Have fun with your project! Wuthering Heights is one of my favorite novels. I'm dying to go to the Yorkshire moors to listen for Cathy and Heathcliff!

thepidget

Somehow, I'm thinking some of Addy's dresses will be suitable for this time period (even if it's off by about 20ish years or so).

I do agree with QNPoohBear that Kirsten's clothing is too "pioneerish," even if her period is closer to Wuthering Heights. So Addy's fanciest outfits will probably work best, IMO. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Which dolls will you use for your photos? And don't forget to give them nice, old-fashioned hairdos. Please post pics here if you finish your project, we'd love to see what you come up with. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That sounds cool! I cannot wait to read this book...I have it, and we're to be reading it for English this year along with Pride and Prejudice. I can't wait either...something better than Heart of Darkness which I'm being forced to read twice. [img]mad.gif[/img]

AG Crazy in Wyoming

I think Felicity in her Rose Garden meet dress,turned slightly so as to not see the dress front directly, setting the lens to macro and converting to a soft B&W format would look just lovely.~Bugs

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't have any of Addy's clothes yet [img]frown.gif[/img] (tho all you HBers' pics of the Cape Island dress make me want it NOW, but I have to wait for my grandparents to go to the outlet!) but I do have access to a basic editing software, if that makes a difference.

ETA: I don't know which dolls I would use. I was thinking Samantha for Catherine, maybe? I really wish the paper was for Emma; it would have been so much more fun to write and take pics for! WH was OK, but I liked Emma better.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 25, 2006 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Kit, Kat, and Friends ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

originally posted by PrincessRuthie(Laura):
    I can't wait either...something better than Heart of Darkness which I'm being forced to read twice.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">EWWWWW!!!! I HATED that book so much, I can't even tell you. I tried so hard to read it, but it was so boring I would get to the end of a page and realize I had no idea what I'd just read...and try to read the page again, and the same thing would happen. *Shudder*

Anyway, back on topic...I would love to see how your project turns out, Colleen! It sounds like a cute idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lucky Laura! Wuthering Heights and Pride and Prejudice are two of my favorites. Be sure to watch the A&E/BBC mini series of Pride and Prejudice starring Colin Firth!

I think Samantha would make a nice Catherine but I don't remember what Catherine is suppossed to look like. I'll have to see if I can find my copy of my book and read it again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use Felicity's S&S (turned to her Grandfather's plantation page) when I set out Jess in her regency costumes- and the closest AG outfits you'd find would be Josefina's Christmas dress or her party dress with spencer.