Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitty Kapers movie-Hmmm... should I? Kirsten says yes

Felicity_Fan85

Question

I get workstudy money this week. I have some money now in my account. I really should start saving more but I'm an impulse buyer. So...should I get a copy of Greta's Kitty Kapers dvd (we don't have a vhs in our dorm room, so the others will wait) or should I save the money and not buy it. I really want to get the rest of the movies; I have the first and it's awesome-they inspired me to start making some and I made one over the summer which if anyone wants it, I may offer it in Dec. Not sure how much though-pm for more info. Anyway, so I really want the Kitty Kapers but don't know if I should order now or wait and use it for other stuff later?

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ September 13, 2006 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Felicity_Fan85 ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ September 13, 2006 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Felicity_Fan85 ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 14, 2006 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Felicity_Fan85 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am in the saving mode right now so I would have to suggest that.

Felicity_Fan85

oh, I know I have to start saving once I get this paycheck. Right now though, I literally have Kirsten on my arm, whispering for me to order it and then save once I get my check. How can I say no to a cute doll who may very well turn on me if I don't obey her demands?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm cheap and would say "no". But Kirsten may start calling you "Cheap Lady," so be careful. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It sounds like you enjoy watching them but don't necessarily need to own...any chance you can rent or borrow them from someone or somewhere?

Felicity_Fan85

I don't think I can borrow them and they're not rentable. I love film and would love to own them all. I figure I can ask for a couple of them for Chrsitmas or something but I think Kirsten will turn on me if I don't buy. hehe-that girl is a handful!

Felicity_Fan85

bump-any more opinions?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I say get it! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I have all of her movies and they are amazing! They really improved alot since the first one with the animation! I, too was inspired to make doll movies from them. I think it started a little "trend" of stop frame doll movies on youtube after that.
    Anyways, this one has great music and the sets are amazing- they have so many little doll things and I LOVE the houses! My favorite scene is (Maybe spoilers) when one of the cats follows josefina out in the wilderness and the music is just perfect! And I actually never suspected it would be who it was... [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]
    I also really liked Anna and the Barn Dance. The dances were so cool! The Great Outdoors really captured the spirit of going to camp and going camping and the behind the scenes stuff at the end were pretty cool! Pumpkins and Candy Canes was really cute and my favorite parts were when Felicity and Josefina reherse the Nutcracker and then perform it in a real production that the Gothard sisters do every year. Anyways, I really reccomend these movies for anyone who loved dolls. And for those of you who have kids, they would probably love them!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 14, 2006 05:10 PM: Message edited by: vicky94 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll throw in a good word for the Kitty Kapers - I bought it last January and love it! It's adorable and so well done; and I too never guessed who the culprit was. [img]cool.gif[/img] I would definitely recommend getting it eventually, but if you really can't afford it and need to save...WHEN you buy it will have to be up to you.

Felicity_Fan85

I think I may buy now while my paycheck hasn't come and then start saving tomorrow when my paycheck does come.

I have A day in Pleasantville-it's so cute! I will probably ask for one or 2 of the others for Christmas.

I have another small movie I'm working on to put on youtube and I have some ideas for more longer videos. I can't put mine onto dvd or make previews for the video I have yet (once I get a better digital camera, I can make a low-quality preview. I would like to try selling the video I have but I'm wondering if people would buy it. It is very low budget and I mstly did it myself. There aren't many props or sets but it's still really cute for my first long one. It's about 72 minutes. Would anyone be interested in buying it? (go to http://www.geocities.com/petz5000/ and click on the movie info page for a little more info on it).

So, maybe I'll order Kitty Kapers now and then save it for sometime next month when my dolls are behaving well and have done all thier homework and chores! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have Kitty Kapers and it's a really cute story. The sets are amazing! The creativity that went into the movie is mind boggling. I give it a [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] (or whatever means A+++ in movie ratings).

Julia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast