Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Combing doll hair -- must the comb be metal?

Ashley1972

Felinadoon, LOL! We have 1 brush to share between my 2 DD's and myself and DD's keep losing it! But while I've been reading this thread one thought comes to mind; if AG includes brushes not only would the price increase but there would be less trashed hair on the dolls and MORE hospital visits and thus MORE money for AG!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, my DD's Samantha NOR her Jess came with any kind of card or hair care advice. I don't know if it was left out of the boxes or what, but we didn't get anything!

What I really wish they would do, is include a smaller size wig brush, maybe HH size with each doll. That way it would similar to what they do with the Barbie dolls, maybe that would be a cheaper alternative than a full size one. Most of the time the full size one seems a little large to me anyway. IMO you really can't have too many wig brushes! We have 2 and are constantly looking for them. Also, whenever we travel with the dolls DD always wants to take a brush with her to style the hair and lugging a regular sized one around is kind of a pain. I really meant to buy the HH haircare set JUST to get the small hairbrush!

I thought of buying the bitty twins set. Is the brush smaller in that set???

Also, I have seen metal bristle brushes (small ones) with the plastic tips that say they are for wigs. Has anyone used one of these???

I haven't bought one yet, but I was wondering about it.

Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They DO come with general hair care tips on their wrist tags. I believe they always have. I did however, find it amusing when I bought my Maia last night. She had the wrist tag and on it was hair tips for "straight" hair. Nothing about her textured hair.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Melissa, dog combs aren't too hard to find; I'd suggest one of those. Preferably not already used, I suppose!

I agree wholeheartedly with the idea of including a proper brush with the AG dolls, or at least making it an at-cost add-on (charge whatever the company pays for them). I did not really brush my Kirsten's hair for the first 15 years of her life, because I read the warning and so I knew not to use a plastic brush. So the poor girl got her first decent brushing back about the time I joined HB. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

(On the down side, if the brushes were included, I'm guessing the price would in reality go up by about $6. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Plus most of the people on this board have multiple dolls and probably no need for more than one or two brushes.)

Felicity_Fan85

I used to brush Felicity's hair with a people brush and then with a CPK brush. I never used water wither but I'm glad I finally got a brush earlier this year. Thankfully Lissie's hair didn't get bad- it's still very good looking.

I have a question though. Do you have to use water everytime you brush their hair? and how often should they be misted with water?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not 100% sure, but I was told to always mist it before brushing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have also heard that a light misting and brush through every 2-3 weeks will prevent the drying hair problem that so many AGs end up with. Even misting the braided hair along the braids is supposed to be good for them. I have been trying to do this with my girls and have not had any dry ends problems except with the girls I purchased from eBay sellers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12