Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Are there any dolls you DON'T like?

MissCurlyCat

Originally posted by judiaci:
    I really like all the dolls a lot, but if I had to pick my least favorite they would be Lindsey, Kaya and Molly.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love those dolls! Why don't you like them?

Here's why I like them (IMO):

Lindsey: I love her freckles
    Molly: Her glasses are just charming
    Kaya: She has THE best face mold IMO

And here's why I love all of the other AG dolls, except for Elizabeth?:

Josefina: She has such a cute little mouth!!!
    Felicity: Her hair (Despite the brown tone to it), and her purple meet outfit (awhile ago I would have said this was her worst feature, but I just needed to get used to it)
    Kirsten: Her grey eyes are too hard to resist!
    Addy: She is great in every colour I see her in.
    Samantha: Her meet dress!!!!!
    Kit: That doll seems to have a lot of style and flair

BF dolls:

Nellie: Her hair is just the perfect length/ colour

I confess. I don't like Elizabeth......
    I strongly dislike the ugly Barbie pink dress she has as a meet outfit and blond/ blue eyes- give me a break! On top of all of that she has Joesfinas? face mold....just like Nellie. I wouldn?t mind it on Josefina and Nellie, but 3 dolls with THIS mold is WAY to much!!!!
    I just don't like Elizabeth AT ALL.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have never been a fan of the Samantha doll. But I do love her books. I have also never liked AGOT 22. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If we're talking just DOLL, not storyline or anything like that, my least favorite is Elizabeth. I really like the looks of Felicity best, but all-round Addy is my VERY favorite.

Jo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by PrincessRuthie(Laura):
    Of course, I'll look like Jess when I have my wisdom teeth cut out...so maybe I should get her. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hee hee! Here's a hint: the very SECOND you can, start putting ice on your face. You won't swell up if you do it really soon and KEEP doing it. At least, I didn't.

Anyway, I wasn't terribly nuts about Addy ... until I came here to Hostboard. You guys make her look awesome.

Samantha bores me to tears. She looks like me, which is not only unfortunate, it's just dull. Oh, hello, my eyes and hair match. Also, most of her clothes are awful. They're either what I'd expect a doll to wear (we all had those frilly dolls at some point in our lives, usually given to us by a distant relative) or too fancy for my tastes. Her books are dull too ... I always thought Nellie was the more interesting character. Then they made Nellie, so hey!

Kailey is my next least favorite, I guess, just because she's a standard blonde California girl. Pretty, but sort of a plain doll. She screams Barbie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh my gosh! To me this is like asking "which of your children do you like the least?" [img]eek.gif[/img]

There is no way I can answer this question! Currently, all of the dolls that I don't yet have are on my AG wishlist!!! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Edited to add that I guess my answer to the original question "Are there any dolls you DON'T like?" would be a resounding "Not a one of them!!!" [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 24, 2006 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PERSONALLY I do not like the idea of the "friend" historical dolls. I think this leads to revamping collections of the historical dolls before we have enough money to buy all the pieces we like. I have the original 8 historical dolls and love them all dearly for different reasons and wish AG would just make and Asian historical doll, to in my opinion, complete the historical line. But this is just my opinion. I know others love the "friend" dolls and can't wait until Emily's release. I too am excited to see Emily in person and see what they do to Molly's collection (adding outfits, accessory sets, ect.) but will be sad if more retirements have to take place!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why doesn't anyone like "Barbie" pink on Elizabeth or the blondes? Blond is a beautiful hair color in a doll and on a person. It is not overused either. There are as many blond dolls in AG as brunettes...there may even be less blondes than brunettes/other colors. In historicals there definately are.
    Anyway...

I like all the dolls, too. I guess my least favorite would be Kaya. Her face mold is really cute and all, but her hair seems so long as to be unmanagable. Plus I haven't read her books, so I can't really connect.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whenever this question used to come up I would always say Kaya - easy choice. Now I have her and absolutely love her! I'm afraid if I pick another doll in a week I'll be searching ebay for her - LOL.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not a fan of Samantha--her clothes are too froofy for me. I kind of like her play dress, but that's it. I do like her stories--just not a fan of her dollness.

Elizabeth would have been so cute--if they hadn't made her blonde. XP She just seems washed out, especially with all the pastel clothes and paleness. Like someone dropped poor Bethy in chlorine!

Kaya isn't one of my faves either, because I love designing clothes for dolls and there's not much I could do with her unless I took her out of her time. But she's still a very pretty doll.

Molly is just too "modern" for me, ironically. I like the parts of history that were before everyone having cars and widespread electricity and radios and that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oddly enough I have never really been a fan of Molly. There is something about her. Maybe its the glasses with the bangs.

Ashley