Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Are there any dolls you DON'T like?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh! I really do love them all....but Molly has never been my favorite. I never really got into her collection. I also didn't used to love Kirsten, but she's growing on me. And I don't really feel the need to have Samantha right away. *editing to clear this up a bit* When I was little and first got into AGs, almost everyone I knew had Samantha, I had Felicity. I never got Samantha because I got so much play time as it was with my friends' Samanthas. That's what I meant by popular. I still think she's gorgeous and I've read all her books.

Anyway, that said, I would still love to have all the historicals some day and many of the AGoTs!

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ March 27, 2006 12:45 AM: Message edited by: ColonialGirl ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 27, 2006 12:49 AM: Message edited by: ColonialGirl ]</font>

13Pumpkins

I love most of the dolls, a few of neither here nor there. But the ones I just DISTATE are Nellie and Lindsey. I do not like anything about Nellie. I saw her in person, and I was like.... what an ugly doll! I'm sorry if your a nellie fan, but I can't stand the doll. I also don't like Lindsey. Her hair I think is part of it. I am not a fan of the freckles on dolls, I think. I also think Nellie would've looked cuter had she had longer hair. But that's me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why doesn't anyone like "Barbie" pink on Elizabeth or the blondes? Blond is a beautiful hair color in a doll and on a person. It is not overused either. There are as many blond dolls in AG as brunettes...there may even be less blondes than brunettes/other colors. In historicals there definately are.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think the problem is that many of the most recent dolls have been blondes- Elizabeth, Kailey, 2 of the 5 new AGTs, and Nellie, depending on if you see that as blonde or red.

Blonde dolls outnumber brunettes in the historical collection, 3 blondes (Elizabeth, Kit, and Kirsten), and 2 brunettes (Sam and Molly). I left out the red heads (Lissie and Nellie) because I think they're debatable. There hasn't been a new brunette doll in the historical collection since the original 3, whereas there have been 2 blondes in the past "couple" years.

I think it's hard to push the brunette dolls that are of color in with the caucasian brunettes. The girls of color are always going to be unique among AG dolls because there's, unfortunately, so few, however, there's only so many ways they can make another blonde or brunette Caucasian look unique. Given that, the AGT collection has an equal amount of brunette and blonde Caucasian dolls= 6 each.

I love the Elizabeth doll, but I think for the most part that was because I loved Felicity, and didn't have any blonde (except Nellie, which *I* view as red) dolls before she came out. She's a very pretty doll. But I can easily see why many people don't like her, she has a very princess look to her, not just the doll, but also her collection. I don't see a Barbie look to her, because I don't see blonde hair and pink dress to equal Barbie, but I do see Princess Elizabeth. It also disappoints me to look at Felicity and Princess Elizabeth and try to figure out how many little girls bought JUST Elizabeth because she's soo pretty, instead of Felicity, who's more unique looking (thought not by much with the auburn hair), and with a more well-rounded collection.

I *totally* agree with Magdalen that the problem with blonde hair is that there are so many bottled blondes in our country (and especially here on the Western side). They're making it more plain than the more common, (naturally anyway) brown hair.

Blonde hair is pretty, but so are the other hair colors. I think natural blonde hair is beautiful, and many people look great with dyed blonde hair, but *I* think there's too many blonde AG's. As a brunette, I think brown hair is gorgeous (and I would never dye mine blonde, but I would go red if I had the skin tone for it), and don't understand the fascination with blonde hair.

We can argue about this until the world ends, because everyone has their own opinion. But you asked, so I responded.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 24, 2006 07:39 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To be honest, I've never been overly fond of Molly. The more I look at her, the more she is beginning to grow on me, but...I dunno. Cute doll and collection, but I vividly remember being upset by Molly as a kid.

I don't even remember which book it was, but the one where Emily is at her house and Molly and her friends want to play bomb shelter--at 8-9 that REALLY irked me! I know it's silly, but I haven't re-read her books since and that memory has ALWAYS stuck with me. I think I have a bit of a childhood grudge against her. *coughs* Although I did LOVE Molly Saves the Day!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would have to say Molly and Addy. I've never liked Molly. I like Addy enough but my sister has had her heart set on getting her for so long that I don't even bother. I like her books but she's never been my top doll. I don't like Kaya's face mold. I got Kailey because I was into surfing and Australia at the time, and to make up for her blondness she has a really quirky personality. For awhile I was anti-Sam just because she was the doll everyone got, but now that I have her I love her and I can't part with her!!! My all-time favorite, though, is Kit. I have two Kit dolls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[quote]Originally posted by cami713:
    I *totally* agree with Magdalen that the problem with blonde hair is that there are so many bottled blondes in our country (and especially here on the Western side). They're making it more plain than the more common, (naturally anyway) brown hair.

Blonde hair is pretty, but so are the other hair colors. I think natural blonde hair is beautiful, and many people look great with dyed blonde hair, but *I* think there's too many blonde AG's. As a brunette, I think brown hair is gorgeous (and I would never dye mine blonde, but I would go red if I had the skin tone for it), and don't understand the fascination with blonde hair.
    <font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ March 24, 2006 07:39 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Plus the blonde thing is over done in everything *shrugs* Think about it on TV when they call some girl America's Sweetheart she's usually blonde and white. All in all I prefer brown hair over blondes and red hair over both, since you hardly see red hair ... plus its soooooo pretty. Hmmm even darker shades of brown, like black I prefer over lighter shades of brown. yay rambling.

But yeah I deleted the post Cami was refering too....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Janine_Nicole:

I don't even remember which book it was, but the one where Emily is at her house and Molly and her friends want to play bomb shelter--at 8-9 that REALLY irked me! I know it's silly, but I haven't re-read her books since and that memory has ALWAYS stuck with me. I think I have a bit of a childhood grudge against her. *coughs* Although I did LOVE Molly Saves the Day!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hmmmm yeah that bothered me too, that and Molly's personality....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Blond is beautiful. All hair colors are beautiful. I do wonder, though, why are people so against what is popular? Lots of people dislike popular Samantha or blondes or Barbie or whatnot. Going against the grain just to go against the grain is just as silly as going with the crowd just to go with the crowd, KWIM? I mean, I can see doing what you like, really like, but not what's popular/unpopular simply because it's popular/unpopular. *shrugs* Anyway......

joelanddeborah

I was never fond of Molly when I saw her things in the catalog, so I guess she USED TO be my least favorite. BUT...once I got my own Molly,(she came in a lot with some other things I wanted), I fell in love with her, and now I just adore her. So, I guess there is not really a doll that I don't like any more.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes. I don't really like Kaya. I tried to read Meet Kaya and I couldn't finish it, it wasn't a book that I could get into. [img]redface.gif[/img]