Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by happyAGmommykatie:
    Also, Tiffany, that is quite a list you've got there! I felt bad reading it because there are so many outfits on it--I hope you like a lot of the new stuff that just came out! Could you post a couple of your all-time favorite outfits for us? [img]smile.gif[/img] Katie
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SURE! I felt pretty bad after seeing how long that list was [img]redface.gif[/img] I really do LOVE most of the AG clothes! I only collect for the historical dolls and I love MOST all of the Historical Doll clothes! But there are many AGOT outfits I dearly love! I really do LOVE all the other AGOT outfits, so I will try to narrow it down to my top 10 current Favs. and my top 10 retired favs!

Here goes:
    CURRENT FAV's:
    1. Petals and Plaid (sooo cute!)
    2. Sparkly Tunic
    3. Cheerleader outfit IV
    4. Kickin' Back
    5. Star PJ's
    6. Horselover
    7. Soccer Outfit (Go USA!)
    8. BOTH Equestrian Outfits
    9. Coconut's Best Friend
    10. Rhythmic Gymnastics Outift

Retired FAV's
    1. Girl Scout Uniform (would love to see a Brownie Uniform!)
    2. Sock Hopper Costume
    3. Hiking/ Camping Outfit
    4. Tennis Outfit I
    5. Union Suit
    6. Varsity Jacket & Hat
    7. Purple Eyelet PJ's
    8. Weekend Baking Outfit
    9. Weekend Fun Outfit
    10. Rockclimbing Outfit

Wheew! That was hard! I didn't realized I liked so many of the AGOT retired outfits!

I really do LOVE AG! I didn't mean to sound so unhappy with the AGOT line in my previous post

[img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img]

Please forgive me! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by happyAGmommykatie:
    Also, Tiffany, that is quite a list you've got there! I felt bad reading it because there are so many outfits on it--I hope you like a lot of the new stuff that just came out! Could you post a couple of your all-time favorite outfits for us? [img]smile.gif[/img] Katie
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SURE! I felt pretty bad after seeing how long that list was [img]redface.gif[/img] I really do LOVE most of the AG clothes! I only collect for the historical dolls and I love MOST all of the Historical Doll clothes! But there are many AGOT outfits I dearly love! I really do LOVE all the other AGOT outfits, so I will try to narrow it down to my top 10 current Favs. and my top 10 retired favs!

Here goes:
    CURRENT FAV's:
    1. Petals and Plaid (sooo cute!)
    2. Sparkly Tunic
    3. Cheerleader outfit IV
    4. Kickin' Back
    5. Star PJ's
    6. Horselover
    7. Soccer Outfit (Go USA!)
    8. BOTH Equestrian Outfits
    9. Coconut's Best Friend
    10. Rhythmic Gymnastics Outift

Retired FAV's
    1. Girl Scout Uniform (would love to see a Brownie Uniform!)
    2. Sock Hopper Costume
    3. Hiking/ Camping Outfit
    4. Tennis Outfit I
    5. Union Suit
    6. Varsity Jacket & Hat
    7. Purple Eyelet PJ's
    8. Weekend Baking Outfit
    9. Weekend Fun Outfit
    10. Rockclimbing Outfit

Wheew! That was hard! I didn't realized I liked so many of the AGOT retired outfits!

I really do LOVE AG! I didn't mean to sound so unhappy with the AGOT line in my previous post

[img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img]

Please forgive me! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm telling you, I'm the ONLY one, but here it goes;

New Bitty Baby Snowflake Nightgown. I saw it and [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] . Yes, I think it's THAT ugly! The bottom of it (the hem) is demented looking, and the top of it is just HIDEOUS! And with that big Santa hat...do babies wear that? NO! [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] on the bitty baby nightgown.

I also hate the snowball legginging outfit, is it? it's the one with the outrageously poofy sweater and leggings. Ewwww....

And the first few Meet outfits for AGT (especially the red jumper one and the one with the yellow jacket) are pretty hideous. I'll even admit, yes, I hate the urban outfit. It's very ugly looking, I remember when it came out I thought it was hideous.

I'm also the only one that likes Sam's Bridsemaid Dress [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really detest Sam's Bridesmaid Dress. Ick. Hate everything about it really- the color, fabric, trim, fit...

I also was repelled by the African Dance Outfit of Today, for the same reasons already discussed. I was thinking, "Why didn't they pick one African culture and make an authentic dance outfit?" I hate the whole homogenizing element there, and it just isn't that interesting an outfit either. If it had been more authentic and fit with a particular culture, I would have bought it hands-down.

As for AGOT, I have a long list there, but the Snowball outfit is at the top. Unfortunately, some of the new outfits are pretty high on that ick factor for me too. I am not a pastel or pink fan as a rule, though if cute enough it wins me over.

Contrary to most, I LOVE the red vinyl jumper outfit. I HAD to track it down on ebay. But I love goth/punk/etc. clothing and it looks like what I see out at some clubs. It reminds me of Lip Service clothing. I don't think it's particularly little-girl like due to the vinyl, but I like it anyway. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ September 13, 2006 08:44 PM: Message edited by: horsemom ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 13, 2006 08:52 PM: Message edited by: horsemom ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only one I really dislike is Elizabeth's lime green summer dress. I love the style, but the color and material just really upset me. It is much too hot for summer. It also needs to be longer. I love the hat to it though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Contrary to most, I LOVE the red vinyl jumper outfit. I HAD to track it down on ebay. But I love goth/punk/etc. clothing and it looks like what I see out at some clubs. It reminds me of Lip Service clothing. I don't think it's particularly little-girl like due to the vinyl, but I like it anyway.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like that outfit for the same reasons. So, if anybody has one they'd like to part with for a reasonable price... [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] . I'm mainly interested in the jumper and shirt, so it doesn't need to be complete.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Love your siggy kitsch! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For some reason I just can't warm up to the kicking back outfit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only one that I really dislike is Sam's bridesmaid dress... its just horrible and does not fit in at all with her collection. IMHO.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh boy, I have a lot. First off let me say I am not a fan of the TODAY dolls so I deslike just about every outfit. So that's mainly why I have so many. As for the historicals, there are a few I really strongly deslike and wouldn't take for free.

- Samantha's Bridesmaid Dress (it sticks out of her collection like an ugly purple sore thumb)

- Molly's Skating Outfit (deslike the floral print, why doesn't she have tights?)

- Emily's Holiday Outfit (boring, plain, I think the dress in another color would have looked better on Emily)

- Emily's Snowsuit (strongly deslike the floral detail on the coat, I think some pockets or zipper details would have improved it or maybe more patterened gloves, this outfit is just ugly to me BUT it could have been cute)

In general I strongly deslike Emily's clothes, but I LOVE her Meet dress and cardigan. The 1940s had such ADORABLE winter jackets and coats for girls, I wish AG would have gone more in this direction instead of winter outfits that look like no thought was put into it.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 14, 2006 11:46 AM: Message edited by: adorevintage ]</font>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast