Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the fabric on Elizabeth's summer gown seem...cheap to you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just recieved this in the mail and I actually really love the color in person and I love the style, and the hat is gorgeous, but the fabric for the green satin part of the dress seems so cheap to me. Did any one else who has this dress make the same observation. Now I'm no fabric expert, so maybe it's just my lack of knowledge?? I'm trying to decide whether to keep it, or Nellies dress. Thanks

Shanna

thepidget

I don't own Liz's summer gown, but I got to see it and touch it at AGP. It did seem very cheap to me... [img]frown.gif[/img] But it does look beautiful, though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it is weird and stiff, I bought Elizabeth and all her outfits a few months ago, but none of her outfits really impressed me except the holiday dress. I exchanged everything for Kit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw it at AGPNY. I really don't like the color. I didn't get to touch the fabric though. I guess I would have to do that before I made up my mind. Right now, it is one of my least favorite outfits.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sigh...I am glad that I'm not the only one. I think I will send it back. I also wanted to add for anyone who is thinking about this dress, that I really don't feel the fabric would stand up to play very well and remain nice. Thanks everyone for making me feel better about returning this one.

Shanna

p.s. StephanieS, I think you made a wise choice, I LOVE kit and she has some super cute outfits. She is darling in your sig.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to disagree with you here and say that I love Elizabeth's summer dress! The mint green is a beautiful cool and summery color, and the fabric is very sturdy and probably the most playable of all her dresses. This one gets an A grade from me! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 15, 2006 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jeanette M.

I'm so glad that you love yours! It makes me wonder whether mine was made out of a different fabric. My husband got me Elizabeths riding dress for my birthday and I already had one from when they were first released. I was amazed at the differences. The fabric was definatly different, and the style of the beige underskirt was different as well. It was quite surprising.

Shanna

Donna Cotterman

I sent the first one back. It was terrible and the shoes were two different sizes. When I called CS the poor lady and I got to laughing so much. I'm sure the seamstress that made that outfit was having a terrible day.
    Second dress was better, but I do believe the fabric isn't the best quality. Not sure where the supply came from but it could have been upgraded. That said... must remember these outfits are made for children to play with so our grading doesn't count. KC.. was enthusiastic with the outfit. Mrs. C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The satin fabrics are just too easy to split, rip, tear, whatever. I had to have 3 of Elizabeth's ball gowns and even this one is tight. They also pic something terrible from the velcro.

I have all the outfits of Elizabeth and Felicity except this one. I just can't bring myself to buy one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was actually impressed with the fabric as it seemed a heavier brocade style. It wouldn't surprise me if there are slight variations out there.

DSCN8330

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast