Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, we're finally in our new home, but it's been rough. A military move and anything and everything went wrong..several of my antique furnishing damaged, most of the boxes grossly mislabeled, broken washing machine, electronic equipment missing and a bomb sniffing dog peed on me!

My DH felt so sorry for me that today he stopped at Salvation Army TS on our way to errands. He never, ever goes in one let alone waits around for me to have a look-see. So I was already feeling really lucky and happy.

I went directly to the table jumble in the back as this is where I found my pink doll bunk bed several months ago on a visit. I saw a pair of really beat up looking Samantha's white shoes with no pink bow attached to a really dirty pair of legs and just peeking out from under the junk a bit of pink & white striped material. My heartbeat jumped and I raced over to pull out the legs and found them attached to....a white bodied Samantha! For $8.50!

She needs a good Downy dunk and cleaning, but I think she'll be o.k. I'll take before and after pics and post as soon as I find the camera...

My DH was appalled that I would take home such a dirty, ragged doll. When I told him how much I could sell her for after restoration, he was impressed! Of course I didn't have the heart to tell him that we bonded instantly and the little beauty isn't going anywhere!

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 28, 2006 11:23 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font></font>

Here she is:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2102464836

sorry to edit so many times...doing an album is still new for me.
    [img]redface.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 29, 2006 09:58 PM: Message edited by: havimom ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 29, 2006 09:59 PM: Message edited by: havimom ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, wow! To go from such a low point to such a high point in one day is amazing! I am so sorry about your terrible moving experience, but so happy that you found your beautiful Samantha. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] Hugs to you, and I hope you are able to settle in quickly and easily - I know Samantha will help!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Having survived several military moves I feel your pain (except for the bomb dog pee, I feel really bad for you about that).
    Congrats on your white bodied Samantha! What a great find, and an awesome price.
    I hope everything works out for you, and I know that your new Samantha will have a special place in your heart.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles on your move...hang in there. What a rude dog! [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img] But whee, an awesome bargain Samantha! That's got to cheer you up!! What a cool housewarming gift, LOL.

Do post photos when you get a chance!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 28, 2006 05:13 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WOW! You got a terrific deal on Samantha! Congratulations!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for listening to me whine and for the sympathy. I was told by professional dog breeders that the dog was paying me a compliment. He really liked me and was marking his territory. Next time I'll just take a hand lick, lol!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by havimom:
    I was told by professional dog breeders that the dog was paying me a compliment. He really liked me and was marking his territory. Next time I'll just take a hand lick, lol!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seriously...that kind of doggie love you can do without. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/umbrella.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 28, 2006 05:49 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooh, post pics of your white body sam asap!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow - what a great deal! I would have snatched her up right away as well. Congratulations on such a great find!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast