Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How much do you spend on "pre-loved" dolls. I was bidding on 2 different Kaya dolls and stopped at $50 (ultimately they were sold at $57 & I think $62).

While it's great that AG dolls do not loose much value, I'm hesitant to go over 1/2 their new purchase price.

Any thoughts/feedback?

GreyMyst

$45 is my max for currently availible dolls. $75 retired or white body. $100 for Lindsey. (yes I know, good luck)

I'm a CHEAP skate. Don't use this info to bid against me now though. ROFL

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If it's a minty pre-Mattel, I'll pay the price of a new doll. I'm a sucker for PMs. I paid over $100 each for my WB Sam and my German Addy, but both came MIB and was well worth it. Kit, Josefina, and Molly were all PM ebay buys, at about $65 each (before shipping). But they're all in minty condition and I think it's worth the price for a PM doll without any flaws.

What surprises me is how high the ones with flaws sell for. After you send them into the hospital, you could have bought a new doll (or a mint PM from ebay).

All my dolls are "pre-loved" except my original two. My only two new dolls will be Kaya and Jess from AGPLA.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the price depends on how much you want a particular doll and of course the quality of the pics make a big difference. I have seen two dolls that looked identical go for very different prices all because one had nicer photos. I personally think that $50 is a very reasonable price and it was what I priced an almost perfect PM Felicity for. I didn't want to charge more than I would be willing to pay and once I made up my mind to sell her, I didn't want to drag it out. I have seen similar BINs on eBay and I am sure you would eventually find one, but you may have to spend some time looking.

MissCurlyCat

I take what ever comes my way, PM or not. I don't go over $60 though when it comes to buying a AG on ebay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have thought about trying to get a doll off Ebay, but after a not so super experience with a recent buy (not a doll, just an accessory set) I was a bit put off.

And besides, I love the anticipation of waiting for the UPS guy, ripping open that big brown box, digging through the white peanuts, and TA-DAH!!!! Dollie heaven! [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by adorevintage:

And besides, I love the anticipation of waiting for the UPS guy, ripping open that big brown box, digging through the white peanuts, and TA-DAH!!!! Dollie heaven! [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YES! And of course the smell of a new doll is one of the sweetest smells. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I should have known that I would end up with dolls as an adult, because when I was in college, I took a course called Marriage and Family. The professsor was talking one day about how smells can bring back memories. He asked us what our favorite smells were as a child. I said Christmas morning and the Prof agreed saying that the smell of Pine was one of his favorites too. I got REALLY weird looks when I clarified and said that the smell of vinyl was what I meant. LOL

Nothing beats a brand new doll on Christmas morning. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Haha that is funny! But yes I know what you mean!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 10, 2006 10:09 AM: Message edited by: adorevintage ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will go over for a NIB retired, like I did for Marison, but I bought a well loved PM Addy that had to be rewigged. I probably spent as much as I would have on a new doll in the end, but she was absolutely beautiful excepting her hair. I bought a pre-loved for my niece also (to make sure she could take care of one before I give her Jess), and I did not pay over $60 for one. I think that was a little high, but I didn't need to shell out for new because neither of those dolls were ones I am overly particular about. Plus, the Addy came with all of her pleasant company books 1-5 and her stationery set (seller was just trying to get rid of stuff in the closet and added more after the auction had ended)!

Felicity_Fan85

I bought one for a BIN of $45 so I wouldn't go too much over that myself and probably up to $120 for whitebody. It also depends on the condition.