Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Well, personally I am hoping to find a cheap fixer upper Sam that I can re-wig to look like my sister. She lives in NH now and I don't get to see her but, twice a year!

She has brown eyes, freckles and auburn (red) hair! I think my sis is really pretty and the color combo looks good on dolls. I've seen one before and she was so pretty!

I'd go with auburn/red hair and freckle her because with a whole family of red-heads ALL of them are really freckled!!!!

I think you'd have no problem selling her because a lot of people have this combo but, AG doesn't sell one like this.

I have seen SEVERAL re-wigged dolls go way higher than reg AG'S so I don't think that would be a factor as long as you say she is a re-wigged Sam!

Let us know what you decide!

MissCurlyCat

Hmmm........

I think I'll take Samantha with me when we go to the craft store for a new wig. It's easier than buying a wig and realizing it looks terrible when you get it home and compare it the doll!

Would it be bizarrely eccentric to take your doll to the craft store with you? People already think I?m nuts for paying around $30 an outfit for these dolls.
    ?$30?!?! I don?t even spend that much on an outfit for myself.?

Ashley1972

I rewigged a brown eyed doll with an auburn wig. It is much lighter than Felicity's hair and kinda close to the AGT 21 haircolor. She looks fab. ETA: I used the Kemper Estelle wig. It's very curly.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 10, 2006 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Ashley's Mommy ]</font>

MissCurlyCat

Do you need a hair pick to keep it curly?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I'll take Samantha with me when we go to the craft store for a new wig.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're not going to find a very good selection if you're going to a place like Micheals. At mine they only had two that were remotely close to the right size- a super curly black wig and a super curly blonde wig. I bought both to see which would look better, and they both looked horrible, and were very cheap. I returned both. You'll have a MUCH better selection buying one online.

Edit: No one will think anything of you bringing the doll with you. I brought Misty in with me a few months ago, because I've had a horrible time finding a nice paint color to give her some more lip color. I thought having her there would help. It didn't really, and I've since given up, lol. No one really looked at me funny.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 10, 2006 06:06 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

MissCurlyCat

I've seen some great wigs at one of my craft stores though. I think it was Crafts Direct.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, ok then [img]smile.gif[/img] . Even if you go there and don't like any, it would be a good way of seeing what color you like best on her, and perhaps getting a wig online, if none of the ones there suit your needs [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Edited for spelling [img]confused.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 10, 2006 06:30 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

Ashley1972

Originally posted by MissCurlyCat:
    Do you need a hair pick to keep it curly?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, a hair pic doesn't work well with it at all. It came in big fat sausage curls and I finger combed it and pulled the curls apart. Then I brushed it with the AG brush and curled the hair around my fingers. It's the same wig that wrx_gal had used on her rewigged Josefina. If you want curly hair, you're not going to be able to brush it much at all. ETA: wigs at www.kemper.com are only about $4-$5 each plus shipping.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 10, 2006 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Ashley's Mommy ]</font>

GreyMyst

I think black looks great on her.

My Samantha just got a new wig, and it just happens to look exactly like the one she originally had (coincidence, a friend gave me the wig) except in VERY dark brown/light black. It looks really really good!

If I had to pick ANY wig, I'd probably go with black too. Just without the bangs.

Ashley1972

How about this wig for $2? long wig w/o bangs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast