Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Doesn't one end of the pole have to be bigger so the other pole will fit into it and stay togeter. I'm trying to remember DD's play house tent, haven't had it together in a long time. But does anyone sell that small of pvc piping it might work to.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bugs, you're a genious! I'm on my way to pick up the snap rivets. Now if the pattern would just come. (I'm impatient)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, I picked up some rivets. That was trickier than I thought. The rigid tubing I found was the 3/16 thin wall stuff. All of the rivets I initially (1/8 in notions) tried were too big to fit. Then I found it. The 1/8 inch rivets for scrapbooking are a totally different size. regular sewing rivets have an 1/8 inch diameter hole. Scrapbooking 1/8 inch rivets are 1/8 inch total diameter. And they fit tightly inside.

So I glued the rivet to one end of the tubes and threaded them together with round elastic cord (get the thickest you can fit through the opening.) Itied it off with some hot glue on the ends and voila! Shock cord tent poles.

If I'm lucky, the tent pattern and the poles will roll up together and fit in the loops at the bottom of the back pack.

Now that that mystery is solved I might still try to design one that looks like the REI single or double person back packing tents. If I ever manage it, I'll make the pattern available to whoever wants it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12