Thread: Ebay/Paypal trouble??

Ashley1972

I just sold an item on ebay and the buyer paid me via Paypal but there is a note under the listing stating that the buyer is not a registered user. She has no feedback. What should I do? For now I've decided to transfer funds to my bank account and when it goes through then I will ship out the item. I hate doing that, though. I like to ship as soon as I'm paid. Is it a problem that this person is not a registered user? Does it mean they are banned from ebay? Am I going to have to give the money back to Paypal and relist my item?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I would email the buyer & ask her why the paypal information sent to you when she paid says she's not a registered user.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know that being a non-registered user is not a bad thing...Does not mean that they are banned in any way.

It just means that their address does not match up the address listed in the PayPal account.

But, as a seller...If you choose to sell to this person, you will not be covered by PayPal's Seller's protection plan. Which means if months from now her PayPal got hacked into and they freeze the account to figure everything out...They could take all the money she has paid using PayPal and freeze it as well...If you were covered then you get the money back...If not covered it is a chance you take on getting the money back.

I have accepted many, many times payment from non-registered users...Because, It is usually a family member purchasing something for another and sending it to there house. And out of all the people I have taken payment from, only once have I had a person's account frozen to where it affected me.

Does not mean they did something wrong or a bad person to sell to...Just a security issue.

Just my [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img]

Ashley1972

Thanks, Becky. That's kind of what I suspected and I did email the buyer about it and she doesn't understand why she is unregistered but she's had the account open for several years without any feedback so my guess was the address. She did get confirmation that she was charged by her credit card company and she wants me to wait until it goes through to make sure I get my payment. Seems like a very nice and honest person.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good...seems like all will go well with the sell...

Good Luck!

JenniferRobin

Originally posted by justbeingme:

I have accepted many, many times payment from non-registered users...Because, It is usually a family member purchasing something for another and sending it to there house.
    Just my [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">An unregistered ebay user is something totally different than an unconfirmed Paypal account, and I think you may be "getting your wires crossed" on this issue. An unregistered ebay user could have had their account suspended for any number of reasons, including cancelling it themselves. Being unconfirmed with Paypal just means your billing address may be different than your shipping address and is not that big of a deal in most cases. That said, be careful you're not confusing the two. One has nothing to do with the other. I would definitely be concerned about an unregistered ebay member. You buyer has nothing to lose, because they have no established reputation (feedback).

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ May 23, 2006 01:21 AM: Message edited by: JenniferRobin ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 23, 2006 01:26 AM: Message edited by: JenniferRobin ]</font>