Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't have any pictures yet, but our 18" dolls are giving each other mini dolls for Christmas this year.

DD's Jess is getting the Kaya mini-doll, and my #22 is getting Nellie's doll, Lydia (Lydia was the name we had picked out if our third child had been a girl so I have a soft spot for her, even though we don't own Nellie).

I ordered mini-Kaya through overstock.com for around $13.00 and she looks great. I ordered Lydia from my PS and she arrived in horrible shape--paint chipped from her shoe, stain on her bonnet, messed up hair, one leg longer than the other. I just returned her last week to exchange her for a (hopefully) nicer one.

I know that Lydia is 6-1/2", the same size as the mini-dolls. I'm not sure about the other dolls' dolls. I emailed AG to find out about Lydia, since her dimensions weren't listed online. You could do the same for any doll you're interested in.

Hope this helps--I'm looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing reviews too!

Cheri

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like mini-Josefina best of all the mini-dolls---I think AG did the best job with her. [img]smile.gif[/img]

joelanddeborah

I think I agree with you about the Josefina mini doll. She is very pretty! The rest are cute, but not as cute in person as I expected them to be from the pictures.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, everyone! I'm leaning toward mini Josefina as my favorite, too. I'm considering which one to get for Jess, as one day all my girls will have their dolls, or at least A doll. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What fun! to help a today doll choose her favorite historical doll! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    The mini dolls are just the right size to be dolls for the dolls. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

My favorite mini dolls, in order, are Samantha, Molly, Josefina, Addy, and Nellie. I also love my mini Kit, but it took a lot of looking to find a nice one.

The major bookstores have had the dolls just before Christmas each year. It is nice to be able to pick one out, though you are somewhat limited by the fact that they are in a sealed box with just a window by their head. The most common problem I have encountered with these dolls is when the wigs are put on funny so that the doll's face looks strange. Eyes can also vary from on doll to another, though that ususally just gives them a bit different expression.

Have fun choosing!
    If possible, I would love to see a pic of your Jess when she gets her new doll. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 13, 2006 02:46 PM: Message edited by: MaryCarly ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree, of the painted-eye dolls, Josefina is the prettiest. If you can win a glass-eyed mini doll on Ebay, those are awfully cute as well! For the historical girls, I only have Sam's, Nellie's, and Kirsten's. Sam's and Nellie's are very beautiful, but I love Sari because she's soft and huggable (even though she's small). Kit's Amelia doll is also soft, so you might want to go for that one if huggableness is a priority.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the Nellie mini doll (for my today girl) and she is the same size as Samantha's doll and Sari (Kirsten's).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I looked in Barnes & Noble today, and I believe I saw all of them except Kit there. I think my favorites are Josefina and Addy. We'll see what Jess thinks...! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The mini dolls are just the right size to be dolls for the dolls.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">From the original catalogues when the minis were first released, this was the intent for them. They could be your AGoT doll's historical doll, just like you had one.

Personally, I'm not too fond of any of the current ones, and don't see any of them as worth the $20. I have Samantha and Felicity, as I bought the movie/mini doll sets (where the dolls came out to being around $10, which I thought was a far more appropriate price), and the old glass eyed Kirsten, who has creepy little black eyes, though much better hair than the newer dolls.

Josefina's definitely one of the cuter ones, and if you've seen them in person, you know what you're getting. I'd definitely get one at Borders or B&N instead of buying through AG, though, as you never know if you'll get a good one or a bad one.

The only historical doll I have is Samantha's Clara doll. She seems to be slightly shorter than Samantha, but it's so slight I had to stand them side by side to even notice.

Janie3082

I love the minis! I have a Kirsten with the glass eyes, but IMO the older minis look a little scary. I have the new versions of mini Sam, Lissie, Molly, Emily and Nellie. They are really cute.

I was at Sam's Club today and saw what several of you have mentioned, the 6 book box sets with the mini dolls packaged together. They had Kit, Lissie, Addy, Kaya and Josefina. I think they were right around $35.

I really wanted the Josefina set since I don't have any of her books yet, and I do want all the mini dolls. They were all so pretty! Even Kit, whose wig can look really strange sometimes. And Kaya was so cute with her little braids, and Addy and Josefina were so pretty! Maybe they'll still have them in a couple of weeks.

I have Kirsten's doll Sari and Elizabeth's doll Charlotte. They are both really sweet and cute. I was especially impressed with Charlotte's wooden body and jointed-type arms and legs. Her dress is really pretty, and her hair is nice too. I highly recommend any and all mini dolls! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast