Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I may take a hiatus from the board for a while. (I know I barely comment anyway but that's besides the point.) Last Saturday I was getting ready for Prom and having the time of my life and a week later I'm going to my friend's funeral. She died in a car crash two days after prom, eight days after her eighteenth birthday, and less than two weeks before graduation.

It is a messed up world and I'm not in a dolly mood.

And even when I am the world seems to go against me. I found someone selling the route 66 outfit for a BIN of $18 and I have just enough to buy it (I gave the rest of my spending money to help defray the funeral costs) but my mother says I can't. Way to help me cheer up, Mommy.

Sorry to vent but I needed to do it somewhere.

prasnlrd

I am saddened to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and the friend's family. A sudden loss and at such a young age is a double "blow".

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am so sorry, Abigail. I wish I knew something to tell you make you feel better. And I know I haven't seen you around here much and you probably don't know me, but if there's anything at all that I can do for you, please don't hesitate to PM me. (Speaking of which, please check your PM box as soon as you can.)

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 21, 2006 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am sorry for your loss, I understand. It is very hard to loose a friend so young. I have burried two of my classmates from high school, they were killed in Iraq. It is very hard to come to terms with it, the question of "Why did Tom have to die?" still haunts me. I had known Tom most of my life, and to see his mother recieve the colors was a heart wrenching experiance.

Ashley

Kalisa

I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to understand when a young person passes. Our school district has lost 4 teens since fall from different high schools. Two seniors within 3 weeks of each other from the same group of friends, they were both cheerleaders, 1 sophmore from my daughter's high school and 1 freshman from the other high school. Since January 4 kids at my daughter's high school have been diagnosed with cancer. The kids in our district all pretty much know each other from all the schools because of different activities, bands and sports. It is so very hard for kids to understand and deal with. The kids here have done a trememdous job of rallying together and helping each other through all of this. Just remember throughout all of this to keep your eyes on the Lord and know that He is bigger than all of this and He does have a plan. God bless you and I will keep you in my prayers. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 21, 2006 11:26 PM: Message edited by: DollysRMe ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is so hard to understand why these things happen. You and your friend are in my prayers.
    ~Annie
    [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my dad suddenly of a heart attack when I was 16. I know it's not the same thing but I still had a terrible last 2 years of HS coping.

I understand your need to take a break from the board, and dolls and the world. You do what you think is best for you. However, also remember that everyone on the board is here to hear you and "talk", and as juvenile as it seems, dolls make great listeners and never tells anyone your most personal thoughts. Plus they're great to just hug and hold when you're at home by yourself watching TV or sleeping or doing any other quiet activity.

Also, I would highly suggest turning to a professional counselor or support group. They can be very helpful and give you lots of realistic and unbiased support and coping strategies. Family and friends are great, but often they are coping too and can't give you their complete attention or talk about it without getting upset because they are also dealing with the loss.

Again, the most important thing is to take care of yourself right now, use the summer to begin healing and coping. Some people don't feel like doing much and prefer to rest after such trauma while others like to keep busy so they can keep their minds on other things. You know what's best for you and don't hesitate to seek professional help.

By the way, whatever you are feeling-mad, sad, depressed, lonely, scared or anything else-let yourself feel those feelings and don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't feel them or that your feelingas are wrong or invalid. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 21, 2006 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL) ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I wish I could say something that would make you feel better. At a loss for any of those sentiments, I just want you to know that you, your friend and their family are in my prayers.

chrstnwmn7

I completely understand. I lost a good friend my senior year in high school. It is hard to understand for sure. I will remember you and others dealing with this loss in my prayers!!!

thepidget

I'm truly sorry for your loss... It's hard to deal with losing loved ones, especially when it seems so cruel and unfair. I hope you will be all right, and take care of yourself. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast